Rubber roof damage

johnnyP

The rubber roof of my trailer was damaged by hurricane Charley.
I havn't seen it myself yet, and if the damage is extensive, I will have the total roof redone professionally.
However, if the damage is only a small area, is it possible to do a patch myself? If it is possible, what do I need, where do I get the materials and how do I do it?
All help welcomed,
Thanks, johnnyP

Gary B

Rubber roof damage

Hi johnnyP, if its a small area or even several small areas, there is a product called Eternabond which is very easy to use and is an excellent pernent repair. You can get it at any rv service center and comes in approx. 6"X6" patchs or you can purchase a roll that is 4"X37', the patchs cost about $12.00 and the roll runs about $88.00. I have used it on rubber & alum roofs and its good, generally clean the area with denaturtured alochol and lay the patch down, besure its the way you want it before putting it down cqause once its in place theres no removinging it. Good luck. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve:

johnnyP

Rubber roof damage

Hi Gary B,
Thanks for the info. I will definitely look into this option.
All the best,
johnnyP

janicenlarry

Rubber roof damage

Etermabond is great stuff. I split a 37' roll lenthwise and used it to permanently seal roof seams that needed to be caulked on an annual basis. Be careful in applying it because once you lay it down, it stays i.e. no chance to reposition it. You can order it direct from their internet site as well. :laugh:

Kirk

Rubber roof damage

Is Etabond made for rubber roof material? I thought that it was only for metal or fiberglass?

Gary B

Rubber roof damage

Hi Krik, Eternabond was orginally devoloped for rubber roofs, but it works great on the other roofs as well. It great stuff no mather how you use it. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve: