RUBBER ROOF: REPAIR OR REPLACE

mikevv

1994 Flair roof in bad shape. Do any of the renewal products on the market work as advertised? Need opinions on pros and cons of repair or replacement.

Any help appreciated
Thanks

Kirk

Have you checked with Dicor, who makes most, if not all, EDPM roofing material? Mine has a 12 year warranty on it so your's may also.

polock

I have a 94 Coroonado the roof had a lot of black showing I used stuff called Rubber roof looks good was kind of a pain to put on ,it won't chaulk like it used to and it is whiter then before.

DL Rupper

I have a 1995 HitchHiker II with a rubber roof showing a lot of black and have an appointment with the manufacturer to replace the roof for $3600. Can't wait to hear results other RV'ers got with rubber repair products.

mikevv

Took polock's advice and used product called Liquid Roof. Roof looks great and no chalking for <$400.

s.harrington

Be carefull what you put on the roof. Those liquid rubber roof products do not give you the same protection as a new rubber roof would. You say that your roof is in bad shape. How about the material underneath the rubber. If it is soft it need to be replaced. If you do that you must replace the rubber. It takes about 18-25 man hours to change the roof on a 24-32 foot trailer. If rafters are involved it takes longer. If you have damaged cieling panel and wet insulation add more time. some of the older trailers only had 1/8 inch paneling under the rubber. When you replace the rubber on these you replace the panels with 3/8 inch plywood. The average price to replace a roof is somewhere around $2900.00

DL Rupper

Well I'm heading South soon to get my new rubber roof, so maybe I'll bump into some of you on the road. Of course some of you will sigh with relief to know I won't be around poking that old bee hive anymore. Its been fun. Happy Camping to you all. DODGE DIESELS ARE BEST. Love the smell of diesel :) :laugh: :cool: :clown: :bleh: