rubber roof

Shadow

Re: rubber roof

All right gang. Y'all got me fired up so I spent the day cleaning the trailer. Washed the roof and will try to caulk tomorrow. How hard is it to get the old caulking off? Don't have any leaks now and would hate to make some. Should I leave well enough alone? This will be my first time I have tried it, so a bit leery to say the least. :blush:

G

hey shadow ,, just get up there and do it ,, u would be suprised at how easy the old caulking comes off ,, i guess it has to do with mother nature ,, but anyway i did mine ,, all the way around ,, and now all i gotta do is is paint the elastyomere stuff back on and i'm done (bty ,, i don't have a rubber roof ,, fiberglass) but anyway ,, that's what i did ;) :cool: :bleh: :approve:

Shadow

Gee Rod thought you would have been here by now. Had breakfast ready and everything. :laugh: Well nothing left to do but get up there. Hope my next post is not in my big mistake topic :eek:

diverdad

You guys have all had some great responses. Trust me, for someone just getting into this camping thing I appreciate all the info. :) After we get the roof cleaned up and the new sealant down, Is there anything else to do to it? I know I've heard about UV protectants and such but is there really anything more we can do to keep a "healthy" roof?

Of course it is hard to get real excited about doing anything with 6 inches of new snow and a high temp of 35 the day before Easter. :laugh:

G

Hey shadow i was on my way to u but i got into one hell of a snow storm and had to turn back ,,, now if u believe that i'll sell 1,0000 goats i have ,,, but on the serious side ,, it ain't hard just scrape and then reseal ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil: :clown: :clown: :clown:

DARLING

You really need to hang on to them goats. They can mow your yard, give you milk(now at $4 a gallon), and cheese. :laugh: :laugh:
With all the money you make/save tou can afford to travel.
Darlin :cool:

Kirk

rvroofing

We will happily add you to our long list of companies with poor ethics that are to be avoided.

C Nash

I don't know about this one Kirk even though her name would suggest that she is in the roofing. Sarah has nothing in her profile that would indicate she has a business. maybe she was just passing along some web sites that she is familiar with.

Kirk

That may be as I did some digging and the company claims to have not heard of her. Still, the thread was about washing the roof. Perhaps it was innocent?

copanocruisin

Our Jayco w/rubber roof is 14 months old. We have washed it quarterly. This time there are mildew spots/dots on it, especially toward the edge where water tends to pool a little bit. I scubbed it with mild soap and water but most the spots remained. Should I do something different. Thanks for the help. This site has been very helpful to us.