Rude salesman

Snidly

I am sitting here just fuming. I stopped by Feister RV Center in Westland, Michigan. I wanted to see the HR DP they had on the lot along with a few other DP's there also. This so called salesman met us in the lot, I asked if the RV's were opened. He said no, and asked what we wanted. I told him we wanted to look at the HR DP he had. I told him we own a 2001 36' "A" Gasser now and are looking into a DP. He said we could not afford the HR and would not show it to us. He said he did not want to waste out time, I said you mean YOUR time. I told him I would never be back here again, not even to buy so much as a light bulb. We were the only people on the entire lot, so I know he was not busy, and he met us as we exited our car in the lot. Sorry for the long post, I just needed to vent and hope you will also take your business elsewhere too.

SnowbirdInFlight

Rude salesman

quote:Originally posted by Snidly

I am sitting here just fuming. I stopped by Feister RV Center in Westland, Michigan. I wanted to see the HR DP they had on the lot along with a few other DP's there also. This so called salesman met us in the lot, I asked if the RV's were opened. He said no, and asked what we wanted. I told him we wanted to look at the HR DP he had. I told him we own a 2001 36' "A" Gasser now and are looking into a DP. He said we could not afford the HR and would not show it to us. He said he did not want to waste out time, I said you mean YOUR time. I told him I would never be back here again, not even to buy so much as a light bulb. We were the only people on the entire lot, so I know he was not busy, and he met us as we exited our car in the lot. Sorry for the long post, I just needed to vent and hope you will also take your business elsewhere too.

We have experienced that same type of prejudice ourselves years ago. It was before we got our Dodge 3500 truck. We had a mini-van GMC white and pulled into the Kamper Supply at Carterville, Illinois. The salesman wasn't as rude as the one you encountered but we got the same basic feeling that he felt we couldn't afford a trailer and didn't have the proper towing vehicle, therefore he didn't have the time to talk to us; especially when a man drove up in a big new truck, he about broke his neck to get to him and just left us standing there without so much as a 'go to hell', lol. Needless to say when we did buy our travel trailer we did not go to him! We got excellent service at Larry's Trailer Sales in Ziegler, Illinois, and they continue to give us excellent service there and treat us with respect. I just hate snobs! :angry:

Krazeehorse

Rude salesman

Young (at least to sales), stupid salesperson. I'm sure his sales manager or the dealership owner would not approve. Make sure you swing by there when you get your new rig and hand him the card of the salesman that got "his" commission. You'll have a blast. ;)

hertig

Rude salesman

And make sure the owner of the dealership gets to share in the joy of the missed sale :)

ARCHER

Rude salesman

When stuff happens like first post, I just tell the salesman, fine, I want to talk to the sales manager or owner IMMEDIATELY, and I don't leave until that happens. It works! Of course, I don't buy from them and I make sure I tell them why I would not buy from them and that NONE of my friends would buy from them before I leave the lot.

Bush70

Rude salesman

Snidly, You have to give him more credit than that. Afterall, he has to be much smarter than most of us. Just by looking at you he knew how much money you make and what your assets are. He must be a mind reader!!! Funny how the ones that think they are so smart are really the dumb ones!! I am sure you will find a Dealer that WANTS to sell you a HR. Good Luck

SteveM

Rude salesman

I've got one even better. Spent more than 2 hrs on a lot looking at all the open rigs,and not one salesman asked if they could help.Spent another 1/2 hr in the showroom looking at brochures and all the salesman excused themselves to get to the free food that was for the customers and again not one asked if they could help. I think I will get the last laugh, A customer of mine knows the owner and through our conversation about buying a rig he told the owner of the RV store.I got a call from him personally with a apology and he gave me his personal cell # if I am willing to give him a chance.He will also handle the deal himself if I decide to buy.He is having a little meeting Sat morning and explain that if his staff wants to keep their jobs,all visitors to their locale are to be treated as potential customers,especiaaly with the high fuel prices.
HAPPY MOTORING :cool: Steve

hertig

Rude salesman

Sigh, I can't drive by a RV lot without a salesman throwing himself in front of my truck trying to sell me something :)

hcb

Rude salesman

Sorry for your experience. We go through professional training here to treat all customers with the utmost respect, because you are the CUSTOMER. I would call the dealership and asked to speak with Sales Mgr. These kind of people make it bad on the rest of us that are trying to do a GOOD job for you and our employer.