RV Covers/Tarps

Chief2

I would like to cover my RV for the winter with a tarp or RV Cover. Can anyone give me tips on what to do and not do? And what would be a good type to buy. I have a 24' Fifth wheel.

Kirk

RV Covers/Tarps

Protection from the weather is a good idea, but do not use anything that will hold moisture in. It must have ventilation. And, of course, use great care in what will be supporting the cover especially if it will have a snow load added to the weight. And it should have some way to cause water to drain off of it. If you have high winds, consider what will happen when the cover flaps in the wind.

ARCHER

RV Covers/Tarps

Make sure it is tied down real good. If the wind moves it around, it will wear/rub the paint and when you take it off in the spring your gonna have to do some touchup painting. On corners, I'd put some foam to cushion the edges. Yup, it also has to be able to breath to keep any m oisture from forming.

turnipbwc

RV Covers/Tarps

I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I park mine in my barn where it is out of the elements.
turnip42

Chief2

RV Covers/Tarps

Thanks for the help. I am thinking of buying one that says it will breath and the foam idea is good also. I will have a snow load bu t it shouldn't be to much. Thanks all. :)