RV fun

Domingo

My wife and our three little-ones just came back from a short weekend trip actually an overnight trip.
Remember. I was having all types of troubles with my Endeavour and Rving was starting to become a hastle. The RV place did a fantastic job. I took it to the shop on Wed morning they had it fixed by thursday night, however I was not able to find time to get it until Saturday morning.
We had a fun time driving to the State Park. We where met with the coolest personel at the gate. They took the time to show us the place and gave us their number to call if I could not find the place or if I needed any help. They where serious when they say we will help you. We noticed a couple who where having problems with their 5th wheeler. They had four state park personel helping. They must have been there several hours in the hot sun. They gave us the perfect spot with shade and close to the water. Everything worked this time. I was able to set-up in 20 minutes.
before we knew it I was off with the two older ones on a hike. Our smallest had fallen sleep. Alicia had to stay behind, that was fine by her. She was able to sleep and do a little reading.
Night came everything was going well. The kids had fallen sleep early. Alicia and I poped open some Cold beers (Modelo Special ). We where having a cool conversation when Alicia jumped up and ran in the Rv. She had spoted a man eating racoon.
Sunday morning. We got pu early, Well Alicia and the kids where up early. We made chorizo and eggs with refried beans and flour tortillas. Cleaned up and went on a several mile hike, rememner our kids are 6,4 and 2. We unpluged. The kids fell sleep. They slept all the way home. NOW that was a fun little trip.

cwishert

Re: RV fun

See Domingo, they told you to give it time. It sounds like you had an awesome weekend. Just one question. Was it a man eating a racoon or a racoon that might eat a man? :clown: :evil: :kiss: :) :laugh: lol

Domingo

I DO NOT KNOW I WAS OUT OF THERE AS FAST AS SHE WAS. I LAMOST TRIPED HER TRING TO GET IN FIRST.

utmtman

She spotted a "Maneating Raccoon" or a "Man Eating Raccoon". LOL sorry could not resist. Glad to hear you had a great lil get away.

H2H1

see all things worked out, glad you had a good time and keep it up. couldn't help but LOl when read man eating a raccoon.

Domingo

OK. The joke is on me. It does tastes like chicken however to make it taste better we add a little Tabasco.

H2H1

Lee you and Fran make plans to come East for the first ever RVUSA members get together. We are looking to ya'll there.

G

u got that right Hollis ,, btw menu will be chicken (grilled) and racoon ,, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

Rod be sure to add possum on half shells also some rattle snake. You will be full or on a force diet :laugh: Also the DW and I decided that we will in TN the 3rd week of Oct in Gatlinburg and staying at the LeConte Vista RV Resort. So now if we can decide on a date for us all to get together I can change my date and site. So now I am waiting for a reply from ya'll. ;) :approve:

G

don"t change u'r plans for me ,, Hollis ,, stay in Gat.. but let me know when u get there ,, cause i will bring the possom up ,, and it will be live ,, we'll have to kill it before we grill it ,, but u'r from the south ,,, and that's an everyday thing for us down here :approve: :approve: :approve: ,, but let me know when u get camp set up ,, i'll be glad to come and visit u and the wife ,, i'll bring my other half also ,, this is an excuse to go to Gat... and btw if u bring a toad ,, i can show some stuff up there that u never knew exited ,, lot's of back roads with alot of free history spots ,,, :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve:

H2H1

Rod that a done deal. see you in Oct. OK I just got A SLAP ON THE WRIST WE will there in SEPT. MY MISTAKE. Rod PM me and give direction to MC RV location. If not to for from Gatlinburg we may be able to stay there

G

Hollis,, it's infact WAY before u get to GAT ,, what route do u take to go to GAT??? it maybe away form u'r route or closer than u'r route ,, anyway go to
www.mistyriverrv.com and they have a directions finder thingy that u can use to see what the best route is for u ,,, and don't change u'r plans ,, like i said i'll be more than glad to drive up and visit with u all ,, it's not far for me ,, and i'd love too :approve: :approve: :approve:

utmtman

Wife hasnt had possum and she did not care for rattlesnake but I think that is only cuz she dont like snakes period. But I enjoy both so not a problem. If we can plan the gt for a time when I is not working I will luv to come join in the festivities.

H2H1

OK Lee quit working and plan to come to GTS open house in April. I think it the 1st weekend in April. I look forward to seeing you again

elkhartjim

Hey Hollis. Will Sept be good time to go to Smokies for the leaves?
Remember I had the armadillo problem, I've killed nine in the last month...taste like chicken but a little greasy.

H2H1

Yes Jim this a good time, not to hot or cold and the leaves are beautiful. we are staying at LeConte Vista RV Resort be there around the 3 week of Sept.. Also
I shot nine last year and not much activity this year, I guess the grub worm killer is working

bcole

RE: RV fun

Hi Domingo
It sounds like you had fun and things are going better. My wife and I just got back from our first trip.
We just wanted to take our 5er out for a weekend and run all the systems and see how things work. When I was pulling into the rv park I was making a right turn and all of the sudden it felt like I had run up on a curb, the trailer would not go anywhere. There was a a guy in a golf cart that was there, thank goodness, who said I had not hit anything. I got out to look and he said "there is your problem, your emergency cable got caught up and pulled out". Well sir, thats what it was. I was dead in the middle of the driveway. I put it back in the slot, pumped the breaks and was on my way.
The rest of the week was great. I guess everyone has to go through some kind of initiation when they start out.
My next thing is to deal with the place I bought it from. They now seem to have forgotten many of the things they promised when I bought it.
Happy camping to all.
Brad