rv generators help !!!

austintx200

our avion is set up for a generator. what is the best one to buy ?
it is a 36 ft fifth wheel with 2 slides. what size does it take to run the rig ? we can't afford a huge one and what do we do if the space is not big enough

hertig

rv generators help !!!

If you have 1 AC, perhaps 4KW or so should do. 2 AC, Washer/Drier and/or other big electricity uses will likely require up to 7KW or so. The most common built ins are by Onan, although there are a few other options (I think Generac and Honda each have a model or 2).

Since it is a trailer, fuel type is wide open. Diesel is possibly quietest and longest lived, due to a slower rate of rotation. Gas is the most common and perhaps the most efficient, and usually the cheapest. LP can be useful, because you don't need to add another fuel source to the trailer.

If it is set up for a generator, it is very likely that there will be at least one generator which will fit. Check with your trailer manual or manufacturer to find out their suggestions.

austintx200

rv generators help !!!

thanks for the info, i called a place about diesel and was shocked at the high price, it won't be diesel

hertig

rv generators help !!!

Oh yes, diesel always costs more. All built in generators tend to be pretty pricey; even a small gas one will likely be in the '$2000' neighborhood. Sometimes you can find a used one for a reasonable price.

ventrman

rv generators help !!!

Harborfreight.com has a 4kw generator on sale for about $460.00. I think it comes with free shipping.

cms1249

rv generators help !!!

To make sure you aren't restricted out of certain camping areas (like National parks), make sure you get an RV genset, like an ONAN. They have spark arresters, mufflers,etc. that are required by certain campgrounds. Check www.colaw.com. They are a salvage\used RV parts place outside Joplin, Mo. I got a Propane Genset for a really good price (300 hours for half original price) with a guarantee! Go to this website and e-mail your request.

austintx200

rv generators help !!!

Mike, thanks but I tried that site and it says that web site is available, can you please check for me and i will try again.

thanks