RV hair dryer

bassmen6

We just got our first travel trailer. One of the big reasons we got a camper, as opposed to our tent camping, is for a bathroom and shower. My wife says she must have a shower and be able to dry her beautiful hair! Any recommendations for a hair dryer when camping WITHOUT electrical hookups? We camp at Cades Cove in Smokies and they have no hookups, which is fine for me. We've tent camped there for years.
I've seen some 12V hair dryers, but their reviews are pretty poor. I am considering a large inverter or some sort of generator. ???

elkhartjim

Re: RV hair dryer

What did she do when you tent camped? The expense for an inverter, batteries and a charger and/or a generator, maybe it would be more cost beneficial to send her to a hair salon every other day for a shampoo and blow dry. After all, you are camping.

bassmen6

She didn't get to wash and dry it. She would stay 2 nights, but we had to be out next morning to our favorite rental cabin for a nice shower!
Now that we have a camper, she says she'll stay a whole week!! Just got to work out these details. Wish me luck! :laugh:

bassmen6

BTW, I love you're quote from Thomas Jefferson. So true. More people should realize it!

H2H1

go to a pawn shop and see what they have for sell. u can pick up some good deals at pawn shops. I was in the Smokies last Oct and will be going back this FALL . anyway good luck

G

i agree with DL ,, look into a small portable genset ,, that way u can have power when she needs it ;)

H2H1

NASH I ONCE HAS A WIG, BUT IT KEPT BLOWING OFF WHEN I TRIED TO DRY IT WITH A BLOW DRYER :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

well I tried gorilla glue but I just wanted to climbed the trees.....
Nash u on the road yet
:laugh:

C Nash

Naw, couldn't get reservations until the 3rd of March in the keys and now working back from there trying to find cg that have sites to see when we will leave. Knew we should have just went west :angry: Just have to get to the beaches though so I can rub in in to Rod :laugh:

C Nash

Line line has been out here for 3 weeks so haven't been able to get on line and have been busy getting the MH ready.

H2H1

hey Scooter I ware a hat all the time now that I have chrome dome :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I have so many hats it's hard to decide which one to ware.

utmtman

Ok no one told him that he can buy both a hair dryer that runs on batteries and one that runs on the 12 volt system. They are out there. I have had both for the wifey. I still have a battery driven electric shaver that uses four triple A batteries to operate.

buftflair

Anybody consider getting a tandem bike and putting her on the back and pedalling really fast? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

*scooter*

H2H1, hey I'm getting there. I hate going to the barber because the costs the same but I know it's not the same amount of work. :laugh: :eek: ;) :laugh:

H2H1

Hey Scooter the wife cuts mine, but there again I keep it real close so no styling here. Therefore it doesn't matter to me anymore. I am not like some politician who needs to impress some. :laugh: :laugh: