RV Paint Job

Judy

Anyone have any idea as to how much a paint job should run for a 33' 86 Bounder? Nothing exotic, just a refresh.
TIA

Poppa

RV Paint Job

Judy, First of what part of the country are you located in? The cost of a paint job will have a lot to do with what type of paint you want to use. Do you want a single color or do you want graphics.

Most coaches have one thing lacking whch is tender loving care.

You would be surprised what a good cleaner wax like Starbrite motor home polish would do. It takes some elbow grease but is sure save some bucks.

In answer to your question, in Louisiana you are talking about $1,800 to $2,800 dollars.

turnipbwc

RV Paint Job

Poppa,
Where can I find that Starbrite Polish ? I have never seen it here in WV. Can you tell me the price and will it work on fiberglas as well ?
Happy RVing,
turnip42

ARCHER

RV Paint Job

Poppa sorry for jumping in here.
Judy, I think you can buy the Starbrite polish at a marine supply house or maybe even at Wal-Mart. I've used on boats, yes, fiberglass boats. Really bad spots, you might need to use some rubbing compound like Turtle Wax brand. When I first bought my older 89 Winn, it was kind of dull looking in some spots. I used some rubbing compound and then some wax with Teflon in it (also for marine use). It really shined things up.
I agree that you ought to try the polish before you start looking to paint it. you just might be surprised...good luck and Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of RVing.... ;)

ARCHER

RV Paint Job

Judy, by the way, I use to live in Parkersburg......was a BIG RED (football and baseball) a long, long time ago, ha ha!! :approve: :bleh: :cool: :laugh: :)

Tammi

RV Paint Job

I just got 2 quotes (this is for a 22 ft class c in NJ) One guy said $6000 and one said $2000-$3500. This is for some sanding, decal/sticker removal, 2 coats of white and 1 clear coat. Hope this helps. One more thing, get the estimate IN WRITING.

Poppa

RV Paint Job

Like Archer said, you can pick up Starbrite about any where. There are several formulas with one of them being specifically for fiberglass/gelcost finishes. I's a money saver though. A boating or sports shop would be the best place to start looking. :clown:

Bush70

RV Paint Job

Judy
If it is dull and that is all that is wrong you can bring the shine back and it will like new again with a product from Lovett Marine. It is for boats and rv's and it really works great. We did our 1997 last year and are very happy with it. Big Big differance!!!