Rv satalite

JN

Need help on deciding if i should get an Satalite for my RV? Do most park just have CAble connections for T.V. or should I spend the money on a Satalite? rv = 35ft 50amp. thanks.

JN

Rv satalite

Sorry to be posting so much but i just returned from vacation in mexico and had alot of questions thanks a bunch.

ArtChee

Rv satalite

ALSO... :) I have DirecTV and would like to USE it while I roam the USA for a month or so. Anyone know why I cannot simply take my dish with me & set it on a tripod when I camp & connect to my Receiver (TiVo)???

May purchase an RV dish, if I can roam with my DirecTV subscription.

Gary B

Rv satalite

Hi JN, while a lot of RV parks have cable TV many do not and the cost of Sat. TV can be less then subscribing to cable on a park by park bases.
Hi ArtChee, we take our sat reciever with us when we go south and will be at a park for more than a day or 2. I got a second dish and have a stand for traveling, so yes you can take your reciever and a dish and travel.
Check my post under RV trick & Tips forum under sat. hookup for more good imformation. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve:

buzzman

Rv satalite

I do this all time and got a box for the trailer for 5 bucks a month,it is not worth swithing back and forth for only 60.00 a year. A lot of camp sites you can't get a good shot off the top of your rv so you will need a tripod anyway.
hope this helps

janicenlarry

Rv satalite

To use your TIVO you will need to be hooked into a telephone line. If on the move, that is not feasible. :laugh:

av8ir2000

Rv satalite

I've used my RCA DirectTV satellite reciever in my RV for over 2 years. There is only one problem I've encountered. If you are away from home and the receiver is unplugged from the phone cable for over a certain amount of time (varies from weeks to months) DirecTV will cut the service for the receiver until it calls back in from your home phone (they have caller ID).

I sort of got around the problem by having (2) recievers. 1 stays in my entertainment center at home and the other is below it. DirectTV thinks the 2nd one is in the Kitchen, but when I leave for a weekend, I just unplug the 2nd one and go. While I'm home though, the RV receiver is plugged into a satellite cable and a phone cable so DirecTV thinks its at home and everything is o.k. Some state parks don't have very good sight lines for dishes, but many private RV parks do.

I camp mostly in State and county parks in Wisconsin, so I usually carry 200 ft of coax and signal booster. There are very inexpensive satellite finders on the net you can order with just a signal meter level. They work great. Don't spend more then $35.00 on them.

In other news, just got a Honda EU2000I generator to run the satellite and other things while I'm "roughing it". It amazingly starts the air-conditioner with the "eco-throttle" setting off. Just FYI. Great little machine..........