RV STEPS "this versus that"

kimberlysmoore

We are looking at the following companies products before purchasing a new Double.Electric.RV Step.
The prices are diff. Stromberg is a little more expensive, however.. sometimes you can find better quality with a higher price :) ..sometimes.
We would like some feedback from current and previous customers before we make the purchase
Stromberg versus Kwikee Electric RV Steps

THANKS TO ALL
Ki

C Nash

Welcome to the forum Ki. The Kwikee seems to be most popular here. That is what we have on our MH. Did have to replace the linkage a while back but parts were no problem getting. No experience with the Stromberg.

vanole

I to had/have Kwikee steps on my past and present motorhome. Have had no dealings with Kwikee what so ever.

With that said I purchased a platform step for my motorhome in October from Stromberg. The rubber feet went Kaput in 3 months down here in Florida. Sent Stromberg and e-mail inquiring about the "New and Improved" feet wanting to know the cost. Within 20 minutes received a return e-mail from their VP (Mr. Brammer) wanting to know my mailing address he wanted to send me replacments. Bottom line I think Stromberg is a good company that stands behind their product. Three days after my e-mail I recived the new feet and am happy.

V/R
Jeff

kimberlysmoore

thank you for the quick response :)

Thank you for the quick responses :)
Keep the reviews coming.. I have a week to make my decision.

Clay L

Since being bought by Actuant and folded in with Power Gear Kwikees customer service has become almost nonexistent. I understand you can send an email on the Power Gear web site and get questions answered but they will not take phone calls.

I will not buy anything made by either Power Gear or Kwikee if I can avoid it.