RV Storage

trenthills

New to the forum and RV living. We plan on leaving our camper in a uncovered storage area in the Daytona area, are there problems we can encounter during the summer months due to weather conditions?
Would like to to make preparations before heading back to Canada.
Seems like a great and friendly place to hang out..

TIA

Kirk

Re: RV Storage

If your RV has covers over the top vents it would be good to leave them open to allow ventilation and to keep temperatures down. Be sure that the tires are inflated to their preferred pressure. You should put something under each tire as a moisture barrier between it and the pavement. Plastic cutting boards make good things for that. You may also want to put something under the axles to prevent misshaping of tires if they should loose air pressure. I would also lift the negative cable from the batteries and make sure that the propane is turned off. You should also drain all water and the water heater.

drew1xx

RE: RV Storage

I found a treasure trove of information about RV storage on this website. http://www.RVstorageInfo.com This site has helpful articles on every topic about RV storage for your motorhome, travel trailer or boat. I hope you find this useful.

Andrew

drew1xx

I’m sorry I offended you. I found the site information useful for people who want insight on RV storage. I was only trying to be helpful…not advertising anything!
Andrew

Triple E

So drew1xx, how much do you get when ever some one looks at your web page. If you give me 10% I will click on all day. :approve:

try2findus

OK, I see Tex did his homework. Definitely NOT legit. Glad I didn't click on it.

Ya gotta get up pretty early to pull one over on a Texan! :approve:

P.S. I'll take 10% also. Our business has been pretty slow...

try2findus

Good thinking BB!!

How are you and Kaye doing? Hope you are both great!!

Are you planning any travels this year? M&G???? ;)

big bilko

Getting itchy feet at the moment. Won't make the meet and greet this year. Who knows next year? Spending a lot of time setting up a cabin on our bush block at Barham(see photos in album) Nearly finished and then we can just go up to go fishing We will be thinking of you all at meet and greet time. Regards BIG BILKO @ KAYE :) :) :)

try2findus

And we will all be missing the two of you, but we understand the great lengths the two of you went to be at last year's.

Definitely try to make it every other year. That way y'all can explore some more of the USA! :cool:

Going to albums to check out the cabin!!!

C Nash

What am I missing in Andrew's post. I went to the website and there is a lot of good info there. Does he own a rental business? Maybe I just didn't read enough which I am bad to do. If the moderators have no problem with his post ,I don't.

Triple E

I think that is his own web page and yes it does have allot of good info in it. If he did not have the web page in his profile no one would have given it a second thought. :eek:

C Nash

But, all I see on the web site is information. if I wanted to rent from Andrew where is he? Guess I'm just to trusting and willing to give others benfit of the doubt. I'll bite me one of these days :laugh: Maybe Andrew just didn't realize that puting the site on his profile mattered. If it's informative I'm all for it. JMHO :)

Triple E

Can't argue with that. That is why we have RV forums. Info, info and more info. :approve: Maybe I am the other way. Too cautions. :question:

TexasClodhopper

How many of us will place a link in our post to a website that we "found" and then also put that link into our profile? It's possible, but not likely. Typical spammer activity.

drew1xx - 6/15/2011 2:37 PM I found a treasure trove of information about RV storage on this website. http://www.RVstorageInfxxx This site has helpful articles on every topic about RV storage for your motorhome, travel trailer or boat. I hope you find this useful. Andrew

Then if you look at the "Andrew" site you will find the storage sites that he is working with/for.

Sure, there is information available on that site. But when we have information available, we just post it here in the forum. We don't go around to all the RV forums posting the same message and links so the search engines gather up those many references and put that site up higher in their listings.

Spammers have evolved into information providers, but they are still spamming.

Of course, that's just my opinion. One guy's spam is another guy's lunch. :clown:

Kirk

RE: RV Storage

drew1xx - 6/15/2011 2:37 PM I found a treasure trove of information about RV storage on this website. http://www.RVstorageInfo.com This site has helpful articles on every topic about RV storage for your motorhome, travel trailer or boat. I hope you find this useful. Andrew

Had Andrew been honest enough to point out that he was linking to his commercial website this might well have been an acceptable post. The problem for me is that he tried to slip one in to make a few bucks, and it looks like that was more his motivation than to help someone. In addition, there is nothing at all there which answers any part of the question posted. :evil: