RV Tax Deduction ???

Hi,
How many of you have successfully claimed the interest on your RV (as a second home, etc.) on your income tax???

Thanks.
Sherrie

ARCHER

RV Tax Deduction ???

I have never claimed my Class A, since it was paid for when I bought it, however, I have claimed the interest I paid on a boat that had a head (bathroom), kitchen, etc., and it is perfectly legal to do that for a boat. :laugh:

RV Tax Deduction ???

I just talked to my CPA and found out about this since I am a new RV owner. Anything that you spend overnights in that has a head, kitchen, and bedroom is fair game with taxes. Interest spent on the RV, boat, or second home is tax deductible. Time to get back at Uncle Sam!

buckbs

RV Tax Deduction ???

My wife checked with our CPA and was informed the interest is tax deductible as long as it is a totally self-contained unit. We are on our third rv and have taken the deduction on each one.

Ken

RV Tax Deduction ???

Hi!

We have used the interest we paid each year on our RV for the past 3 years and have never had a question raised. Of couse, I'm sure you know that this deduction can only be taken if you itemize deductions. It has been a great tax savings for us especially since we also have mortage interest on our home as well.

I didn't know about using the interest off a boat...something I'll keep in mind for the future maybe! Thanks!!

Joanne

RV Tax Deduction ???

Thanks to all who replied. We went to H & R Block. Used the interest on the TT as a second home. All is well.
Have a great Mardi Gras holiday! :cool:
Sherrie :kiss: