Rv tp paper

Ok I have read many places about this. I have found mixed reaction to this so I figured I would ask you guys and gals. I am gettin ready to go full timin in my rv and am curious if I should use the rv paper or if there is a brand that is cheaper that would disolve quickly. It would just be myself most of the time. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

C Nash

Re: Rv tp paper

The cheap brand single ply from walmart works fine. If in doubt put several sheets in a mason jar with water shake it up and see how long it trakes it to dissolve.

H2H1

Well the cheap toilet paper from Wal Mart is what I have been using for years. But the most important thing to remember is use lot of water. :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

Hollis I started out using corn cobs :eek: but they don't work in the rv :laugh: ;)

Grandview Trailer Sa

RV paper will dissolve faster, and that is what you want. Like Nash says, shake some up in a bottle. I tried the cheap stuff and have much better luck with RV TP.

JimE

RE: Rv tp paper

I'mm still trying to get the corn cob idea out of my head!!! At least use the Sears and Roebucks Catalog.

C Nash

You guys and gals that aint from the country probably have never used a corn cob. They worked fine out behind the barn. Just kind of rough :eek: :laugh: Yep Jim in the later years we had the Sears catalog :laugh:

LEN

I always thought corn cobs had a right and wrong direction, but I couldn't read yet and just walked funny.

LEN

C Nash

Shawn, see what the down times do to us rvers :laugh: :laugh: Yep, len you are correct on the right and wrong way. Takes about three times wrong to figure out the right :laugh: :laugh:

G

and also ,, better if just shelled ,, nice and soft ,, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

utmtman

Good grief I bet a lot of these young whipper snappers dont know what its like walking out to the out house in the middle of the night during a snow storm and use the pot. LOL the home I was raised in had indoor water but not facilities until some 25 years ago. When all us kids were grown and gone from home.

C Nash

I didn't even have running water until I married :eek: Also brings back memories of the thunder jug :laugh: and Mama hollering "if you can't hit it go outside" :laugh: hard to aim when it is dark and no electric light to turn on. Too much trouble to light the kerosene lamp. And those were the good ole days :laugh:

USMC

RE: Rv tp paper

LoL Mr. Nash, yes I remember those days, We didn't have an indoor toilet or running water until I joined the Marines ha-ha and I thought it was great that the Marines furnished the toilet paper.

We did have electricity but it was a 32 horsepower sears and Roebuck engine that charged a bank of batteries so we could have electric lights at night, when I was about 9 years old we got rural electric connected to our home.

Not only did the Marines furnish me a bathroom, they also gave me 3 squares a day and I always liked the hot SOS in the mornings for breakfast over toast with the scrambled eggs and hot coffee. :)

Coming from the country I couldn't believe that they were going to feed me,give me free rent and SOS at no charge. plus toilet paper, and a pay check what a great life. LOL later Jim

C Nash

Military sure offered a way out of those good ole days for sure USMC. Thank you for your service to our country :approve:
Shawn, have we answered your :question: :laugh: