RV virgin

smokem

Hey there...

...can't believe that we are now owners of an 07 Winne class A. Signed the papers for a lifetime of payments last night. i think it's 4 inches shy of being 30 ft. It's got a Triton 10 gas engine, hydraulic levelers, and two slideouts. For the life of me, i couldn't figure out why they put the one TV overhead of the dashboard until i read another post here. Then it made sense. We're a family of four that love travelin together. Two "big" kids of the fourlegged variety, my wife and i. Have no idea what we're in for, but am figurin that it's gonna be FUN. i'm too old now to be crawlin into a tent each night and the walls are way too thin. Who wants to hear "God bless you" from 3 sites away if one sneezes. Or something worse when i'm snoring, talking, yelling, singing, laughing in my sleep? Hotel/motel prices are over a hundred per night and they don't allow large dogs for the most part. So, i'm gonna be asking you kids lots of questions in the coming days `n weeks. First i will glean the old posts and see how much this pea brain can retain. Glad i found this site!

happy trails....Bud

G

RE: RV virgin

Hey,, Bud,, welcome to the forum,, and ask away ,, we might even know something on here ,, ;) :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

Re: RV virgin

hey Bud as 730 stated welcome to the forum, I haven't been a member for that long but have gotten so much info I sometime feel like a Professor of RV. so FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS YOU MIGHT HAVE and who knows after all the joking you just might get your answer. there is a lot joking when each other here and it's all in fun. at time we will hear a sour apple but not that often . oh Congrat on your new RV and enjoy

elkhartjim

Glad your here Bud. Be carful with H2H1 and 730. They'll try to impress you with their knowledge. Don't let em kid you, its comes from experience sitting on the side of the road with a broke down rv....but then again I guess thats the best place to learn. Dang them fire ants when laying on your back with oil dripping in your face though. let the fun times roll!!

DL Rupper

Hey Bud, welcome to the forum. Happy camping. Glad you bought into the RV dream. It's a lot of fun. :cool:

utmtman

Welcome to the forum Bud, ask away on them thar questions, I am sure someone will come along with some kinda answer to help ya. And ifn they cant someone will point ya in the right direction to find the answer. Lot of good folks here and between the bunch of em there is some knowledged to be gleaned.

DARLING

Welcome bud & Family

Every one here was a newbee once. There are no stupid questions only people too ashamed to ask.

And even if we don't have an answer right away we will make up some joke answer so stupid everybody laughs. :laugh:
You will know the difference.

Darlin :cool:

elkhartjim

Darlin...don't talk about my friend Tex like that. Did you read his ice melting story. I'm so impressed with myself for knowing somebody that smart.

DARLING

Only if the shoe(boots) fit. :laugh: :laugh:

Actually I was impressed about the ice creme & the freezer. Our Moo tracks only last 2-3 days Honey eats it all

SnowbirdInFlight

smokem
welcome2-1.gif

smokem

Hey there...again!

Thank you for your warm welcome(s)! Ran down to the dealer today because i remembered that i needed a electric brake controller inside for my dual axle utility trailer. Will just give you a brief intro as to how all this came about. Last year, we purchased a couple of other toys. You see, we moved from Buffalo, N.Y. in 03 to Utah....leaving behind friends and family. My wife works and i stay home and take care of the house inside and out plus keep an eye on the "kids." i miss life back in the states! Friendships take years to develope and i didn't have any social life to speak of so i went out and bought a Polaris Ranger XP in order to have an activity of some sort. Then the Mrs. decided she wanted a boat. So then, a 4Winns 20 ft.`r joined in. We parked the boat up at Flaming Gorge and was driving up and back from North Salt Lake every time we went boating. It's a four hour haul each way. She wanted an RV way before all of that but i talked her out of it.

But then, last weekend we put the kids in the Ex and drove down to Little Sahara (Utah) to check out a place for us to ride the Ranger. All the RV's, Toy Haulers, campers, etc. got her blood racing.....and mine too. So we stopped on the way home and looked at Toy Haulers. She took one look at a pop-up camper then was quite content to consider a Toy Hauler. Forty grand for a toy hauler seemed a bit in excess when one can buy a used RV for that price. On the way home she says..."Bud, we need to buy an RV." No arguement coming from me at this stage. She didn't want to share space with the Ranger plus she likes the idea of stretchin` out on our long hauls. Seen too many trains out here in the west and i'm not comfortable pulling a trailer that's also having another riding piggy-back. Another factor is that i'm involved with the UTV rallies and have to pay for a hotel when attending one. If i'm out for a week, that's over a thousand bucks just for my lodging....sayin` nothin about the expenses for eating and a little shopping to support the sponsors that make the rallies happen for us.

Guess everyone has their reasons to buy into these rigs. For us, it just makes sense. My Ex doesn't get great gas mileage to begin with so what's the difference really. Like everyone else "we know" what we're getting into here. Fuel prices are climbing but we aren't going to stay home and cry about it. We'll learn in time... Might be reduced to riding a bicycle for "other transportation means" at the onset of this great adventure. Other then pulling the Ranger behind me on occasion (once-twice a year) i'm thinkin that we will be out in the RV by itself. Next weekend or the weekend after, we're going "someplace".....haven't decided yet on the destination. Gonna give the kids a taste of the new action too:) Again, thank you for the warm welcome:)

Like others (would imagine anyways) am involved with other toy related forums and a journal/blog that is in sorely need of being updated.

happy trails....Bud

elkhartjim

Hey Bud...glad to hear you've got your priorities straight. Once owned a 20' 4winns candia. What a boat.....1

DARLING

Ye s Jim

It is only on tuesdays & thursdays you can hear the tree fall, except in Texas then it is only thursdays & tuesdays.