rv window tint

4116sst

Really, really hot here in South LA. Has anyone ever tinted their own rv windows? If so, which product is best? I see soooo many products online, don't know which to choose. All windows appear to be flat, so I'm thinkin' with a good, quality tint, I could probably do this myself.

SnowbirdInFlight

RE: rv window tint

4116sst - 6/25/2009 6:06 AM Really, really hot here in South LA. Has anyone ever tinted their own rv windows? If so, which product is best? I see soooo many products online, don't know which to choose. All windows appear to be flat, so I'm thinkin' with a good, quality tint, I could probably do this myself.

Autozone carries the tinting that you put on with water and a squeegee and it is not permanent so you aren't screwed you don't get it on right the first try. You can just peel it off and re-apply it.

msjackie

Re: rv window tint

Chelse, you had your figure in the socket when it hit, first triple repeat that I have ever seen, good going ,

love to you and yours,

Kirk

Re: rv window tint

We have used the static cling, type of window tint material with good success. The nice part of that product is that you can take it off, and then put it back again.

For dual pane glass the key is that the tint needs to be on the outside pane of glass. Most window films are designed to go inside to protect the plastic materials. When we purchased our RV we did pay some extra for a light tinting of the side windows which are dual pane. I don't think that it can be added later.