RV5 king pin extender

C Nash

Re: RV5 king pin extender

Didn't split mine Tex. Guess what I don't have any experience on this one. :eek: and he didn't ask for a opinion. :laugh:

Sticwlkr

RE: RV5 king pin extender

I have a shortbed pickup and I had a 5th Airborne sidewinder installed on the kingpin, I can turn afull 90degrees if need b with no slider. With plenty of room betweeen cab and camper. They have a website. I think it is 5thairborne.com on their website they have a video demoing it..

DL Rupper

My only advice is don't use an extender on a large heavy 5th wheel. It will throw off the manufactures designed weight balance points. On a smaller light weight 5er it shouldn't be as much of a problem as with a 5er that has say 2200 lbs weight on the king pin. Extending that much weight can give you problems. A auto slider hitch would work better. remember this is just advice based on my opinion. How's that for a cop out. ;)

Grandview Trailer Sa

That's not a cop out DL, your dead on.

Many a frame has cracked because of extenders, Gooseneck Adapters and the like. All manufactures I know of will void the frame warranty if the king pin is changed or modified.

If you want to use a short bed truck, get a slider hitch. They will cost you less money than any repair. Like DL, that is my opinion.

cdude

I am bringing this one out of the back 40. :shy: Noting that an extender is not desireable, my 2007 35' Keystone Everest (still new in fall 2008) came new from the plant with a Sidewinder Kingpin on it. My 08 Dodge 3500 dually has a long box and an extender is not really needed. Could have it removed (at a price of course - there is a bit of Dutchman in me :laugh: ); but, since it came from the manufacturer with a Sidewinder extender, there should not be a problem with the frame warranty, or am I missing something :question: :question: :question: Some might say that I am, but then that is for another Forum page. :laugh:

Grandview Trailer Sa

I would say that if the Sidewinder came from the FACTORY, you are covered. If added at the dealership before you got it, I think your dealer could be liable if it creates problems.

Edit: After I posted that, I went to the Everest website and they don't mention using a Sidewinder. Not under standards, not under options. Several things are mentioned about the frame and suspension, but not that.

cdude

Thanks Kenneth.

I have been away from things a bit - life got in my way. :laugh:

I too could see nothing on the Everest site mking such an offer. The dealer web-site (printed a copy for my files)has the sidewinder listed as one of the features. Dealer has/had other same year Everest models with this in place and understood they sold several others prior to my purchase. It was something that I did not think much about at the time of purchase as they sated it was a factory installed item. This is a large national dealer with many sites and have been around for sometime, so I left it at that. I am going to contact Keystone in hopes of getting a better handle on this item.

I take it that the Sidewinder will not affect the handling so much. It is more a case of frame impact and its warranty status :question:

Charlie