RV'er meeting RV'er

H2H1

to all, I know I am fairly new to the forum and would like to meet as many of the forum members as possible. So my question is; where do you all meet if at all,is there a rally some place that ya'll go toand hook up and talk about your traveling. any way just a thought.

DL Rupper

Re: RV'er meeting RV'er

Hey H2H1, if they are having a Rally they forgot to invite me. Maybe I'm the only one that appreciates Dodge diesel smoke. :eek: So far I have only met Kenneth at Granview Trailer Sales. Great Guy. It seems it is all about where you are and when you are there, if that makes any sense. ;) If 2 or more Forum RV'ers happen to be in the same area, they can make arrangements to meet/visit. :cool: Most of us are scattered all over the place. Hope to bump into you someplace down the road. :)

H2H1

thanks DL if I see the Dodge & the hitchhiker and the smell of diesel going down the road I will most defiantly blow the horn at you. It just seem like there are several of youwho are great friends and have a good time jawing at each other. BTW I look over the highway for the smoke and smell of diesel when I was in Charleston a few weeks back.AND pleasejust call me Hollis

G

That's a good promotion thing that Granview could do ,, have a customer appreciation day and a Rv usa forum get together ,, who knows how many rv's he'd sell in the next few months ,,, sorry just a thought ;) :approve: :laugh:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Can't find an '08 calender right now, but the first Saturday in April (4th I think) is going to be our annual Open House. Music, Food, and great deals will be had.

If anyone knows who John Sines Jr. is, he will be there!

Come and see us!

G

there we go everyone mark their calendar ,,, rv usa get together ,, sounds good to me ,,, :)

Shadow

H2H1, you can't really see DL's truck and 5th wheel when he's moving. With all the diesel smoke and dust all you see is a big cloud coming down the road. When he gets parked and settled in for a couple of days you can see his rig. :laugh:

Really like the idea of meeting people on the site. But like DL said everyone is kind of spread out. Hope to see a lot of Ya when I retire in 09. Well hear the brother in law with the tractor. Got to go bale some hay. If anyone is in the area we will be baling next week too.

:eek: :laugh: :)

G

I wish i was bailing hay next week ,, i had to disk up 2 fields today and gonna replant in the spring ,,, i only got 2 (almost) cutting this year ,, i usally get 3 to 4 ,, the drought did us in ,, my alfalfa feild is history ,, had to replant that too ,, got 1 cutting off of it ,,, we got rain ,, but as of now and the next few weeks were right back to square one ,,, drought again ;) :eek: :)

Grandview Trailer Sa

I have most of my land rented to the neighbor. Last week, he bush hogged the best hayfield and has cattle running on the rest of it. Thankfully we got almost 4 inches of rain in the last couple of days. We are still 5-7 inches low for the year. Hopefully more rain will come.

Shadow

Feel for you guys going thru the drought. We are about twenty inches above average. Heck guys are still picking cotton. If the rain didn't delay you planting it would catch you at harvest. Don't remember July and August ever being this wet. Was kind of griching yesterday picking up all the square bales and looking at the other pasture knowing I'd be doing it all over again in a few days. I'm counting my blessing today. And taking my Aleve ;). Wish there was an easy button I could push to send you some rain or hay.

G

I feel for u (yea right ) just kidding i disked up another field today (actually my boy did , i was in Mufreesboro) but anyway this field gotta good drying out also ,, roots and eveything ,, gone ,, as u do,, i usally bush hog in the late fall and run my cows on it thru the winter ,, but not this year ,, i think some of the cows are going to auction in the next few days ,,, not enough to feed with ,, and the price of hay ,,, buying outta state has gone thru the roof...
But that's farming :approve:

Kirk

You guys sure keep me from getting homesick for the farm life! One nice thing about full-time RV life, if the weather is too bad, crank up and leave!

On meeting people, most of us just stay in contact by internet and when we happen to cross paths we do meet. You might be surprised how well we can get to know each other just on these RV forums!

G

agreed Kirk ,, i soon to sell off everything or leav it to the kids Bussiness and all and hit the road ,, as u if it gets bad someplace ,, i have wheels to move ,, but till then i'm happy traveling 9 months outta the year ..... ;) :laugh:

C Nash

Dog gone it now Ray, are you sure you are not ripping us rvers off on repairs iffen you only work on them for three months and then take off 9 :laugh: :laugh: ;) :evil: just kidding :laugh: Know you make your money on the farm :eek:

G

I wish i made money on the farm ,, have u priced fertilizer lately and of course u no about fuel prices ,,, now as of 2008 they want me to register with Home Land security to buy in excess FERTILIZER,, yep i may be a terrorist if i buy amonia sulfate in bulk,,,, PLEASE>>>>>>>>>>>>>
What is this world coming to :question: :question: :question:
As far as the rv bussiness ,, i'm barely getting buy on this ,,, somtimes think it was a bad idea to sell my auto shop and do this ,,, but i't s fun ,, and my guys are great ,,, they think the way i do ,,,, treat the customer as u would want to be treated ,,,,, and BTY i know u were just kidding ,, (that'll be 79.95 for the post) :laugh: :laugh: :clown: :8ball:

C Nash

Check is on the way. Now how did I get Ray out of 730. Guess it's time to sign off. You gave your secrete away. You sold your auto business and now we know where the $$$$ came from :laugh: Hollis, sorry we done got off your original post but now you see how we just seem to get to know each other without ever even meeting :approve:

G

I still think a rv meeting at grandveiws open house is a good idea ,, i plan to be there ,, with the rv or not ,,, he's kinda close to me ,,, TN is not to far from VA :)

Grandview Trailer Sa

I know we are spread out all over, but the invite is for anyone who would like to come. I will post a reminder closer to the date. 730, I can drive to Nashville in 8 hours. Don't think you are far from there.

We were going to Nashville at Christmas time, but we will have a new grandbaby born around the 8th and puppies are due just after Christmas so I don't think we will make it this year.