RV's Shows.

Vancouver

My wife and I would like to visit a large show in the USA with the thought of purchasing an A class diesel pusher. Are there any of these shows that are near to some of your National Parks as we would also like to incorperate a holiday around this visit. we intend if possible to visit in early Aug 07.

Any thoughts or recommendations on new RV's would be very welcome

Regards to you all.

hertig

Re: RV's Shows.

Are you planning to visit the National Park in the motorhome? Be aware that it can take a while to get into a new Oto you) RV. It is possible you could drive it off the lot, but sometimes there will be weeks or even months (I know of 1 case where the RV is not usable evan after 1.5 years) from the time of signing to having possession of a working motorhome.

Be aware that starting with engines built in 2007, Ultra Low Sulfer Diesel is required. Most places now sell only ULSD fuel. It is not known what, if any problems this will cause in engines built before 2007, and it is possible there are design flaws in the new engines. I don't know that I would buy a diesel until all this gets sorted out (in a few years, I imagine).

csopi

Dear Hertig,
I am not so sure that I understand the diesel issue. How they can build and sell the diesel RV s if that is not clear with the right fuil?

ULSD is sold most places and that is the one is required. Where is the problem?

Thanks csopi

DL Rupper

The 2007 engines are designed to run only on ULSD fuel. New designs are always suspect for about 2 years. Buy an older model 2006 diesel pusher. The new fuel runs fine in my older diesel pickup. The new fuel has much lower amounts of sulfur so it won't lubricate your internal fuel system as well as the older higher sulfur fuel did. However, the big oil companies claim they add lubricants to the new diesel fuel. I don't trust them, so I buy PowerService Diesel Kleen to add to my fuel each time I fill up. You can get it Wal-Mart and keep Wal-Mart making lots of money so they will keep their prices low for the common folks. Wal-Mart is better than a cut in taxes. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hertig

We won't know the effects of ULSD fuel on older engines for a while. For instance, it is rumored that ULSD fuel eats the gasket in the fuel pump on engines like mine...

So, I would be reluctant to buy a new engine until the bugs are all worked out, as DL says, or an old engine until all the effects of ULSD fuel are determined and reasonably compensated for. And I wish I could go back in time and tell myself this was coming :)

DL Rupper

John, I think on pickups I read the ones to watch were the pre- low sulfur diesel engines (93) or older. Not sure how that relates to your pusher. I hope for the best on mine. :laugh:

C Nash

With anything new the final test is left up to the consumer. If it works great if not tough you know what :( I would not buy any kind of diesel right now and we had been kind of shopping around. Will just keep the v10 gasser for awhile. They saved me a lot of money by changing the engine and fuel. :laugh:

C Nash

Shadow, It's not even very used now just sitting but, think that's about to change. Quit the truck driving TODAY. Retired again :laugh:

csopi

Thank you about sharing your experince and knowledge. I am gone pay attention when I am purchasing my new RV. Csopi/Mattie