Sad Day Here

Kerri

:( Today is the day I have to stop camping. We're part time campers I must say. Since this is my first year with a camper, the RV dealer will blow the pipes and get it ready. I'll learn so I my do this myself. We had a great time all year with the help from this group. I do wish to take time to say how much this group has helped me out. What a great site to be with.
I have made my list and check all that has been shared. I believe that keeping this book will help me get a great start next year. Now don't think I'm not going to stop using this site, I still enjoy reading and learning.
So once more THANK YOU all!!
Kerri :laugh:

H2H1

RE: Sad Day Here

KERRII HOPE THIS IS JUST FOR THE WINTER, AND NOT PERMANENTLY. if so we wish you the best in the future, god bless

brodavid

Re: Sad Day Here

It will be spring soon enough and back to camping, the best to you and yours,

brodavid

G

hey i feel the same about camping and NO SUMMER anymore,, i like the heat and all ,, IMO i like to have less clothes on then having to put more on (no pun intended) ,,, i just like the summer heat ,, and if i'm on a beach ,, it's even more better,,,, My MH is also up for the winter ,, but we are gonna go spend christmas at the beach (now that's nice) ,, but when we get home ,, back to winter time storage again :angry: :( :sleepy: :laugh:

C Nash

Kerri, sure gave me a scare there when you said "today is the day I stop camping" :( But, geat news that it's just for the winter. Winterizing is really easy chore to do just be sure you do it right. Some of our best camping has been in winter months. Stay close to the forum and keep typing :)

Kerri

I'm going to look into the old history and do a little reading. I just wish to do it right. I did have the dealer blow out the lines. I removed all paper stuff, food and some clothes. I'll also double check on all the items I picked up this year to make sure they are still good. But remove stuff we never used and move them along. The first season of camping,we sure had to pick up a lot of stuff. But, some things we learned the hard way along the way. I would like to take this time and ask what you all think about keeping gas in my holding tank during the winter. This gas is used only when I use my generator. I believe I still have about 26-27 gallons. The tank hold 28 gallons. On one hand I really couldn't think of way to remove it. If we were to have a power outage (we did last year 5 1/2 days--I live on a farm...that was hell). So give me your thoughts on that.
Kerri

C Nash

Just add a gas stablizer and crank to get in all lines. Best to keep the tank full.

hertig

And run the generator under load every so often. They get really annoyed if they sit idle too long.

G

Yes ,, i feel for the winter months of storage ,, i did 4 MH and 5evers today (winterize that is) and boy did i feel sad ,, that means it's really over for the winter ,,, where does the time go :question: ..
I think Kenny Chestney said it best in his new song ,," don't blink"
This song has alot of meaning in it ,,, u'r 6 years old and u take a nap,, the next thing u know u'r 30 ,,,, boy as if this isn't true ,, at least i feel this way ,, the years just fly by now IMO

rockofages

Have a Happy and Healthy Winter so you can be on the road in great shape come Spring time!!!!
All the best.