sad day

C Nash

Sorry to have to announce that we lost our 106 plus 8 months Mother-Im-Law this week but our lose is Heavens gain. Still will have fond memories of taking her and my mother camping several year ago. What a memorie of going with my son when he took her on her first airplane flight when she was 102. Just think, she was here when the Wilburn bros made their first flight, saw both world wars and all conflicts between, great depression and you could go on and on. I always told her she was not what a Mother in law was supposed to be: they should always tell their son on law what to do, she never did. A Mother In Law is supposed to tell her daughter that we are bums and no good, she never did. A Mother In Law is supposed to always be preaching to us and telling what we should be doing, she never did. I am sure she tried to warn betty about marrying a red neck country boy but, once it happened she took me in and probably treated me better than her own. I have heard her say numerious times that she didn't understand why she was being left here so long. I think I know why. She never preached religion she lived by example and I think she showed us all what we should be doing. I admired her for her ability to never gossip about anything or anyone. She lived her own life and left others alone. I was blessed to have two sets of parents. No, no one can take the place of your natural parents but my Mother-In-Law and father-In-Law ran a close second. Mamma Wins and Pappa George you will be missed.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: sad day

Sorry for your loss. Cherish your memories, they are the greatest gift she gave you. My first Mother in Law (wife passed in 1995) is now in a nursing home and does not know anyone, but was (is) a wonderful lady. My current mother in law is as great as one can be.

TexasClodhopper

I bet there were times when you wished she would just tell you what to do instead of just looking at you THAT WAY! Know what I mean? Thanks for passing on that great story.

Shadow

RE: sad day

Sorry for your loss Chelse. She sounded like one very special lady. Take care my friend.

ARCHER

Sorry bout your loss Chelse. Lost my Mother-in-Law many years ago. She was more of Mother to me than I had had since losing my Mom at age 4. My wife fits the bill as a Mother-in-Law to our two children's spouses more than I can ever state here in the forum. Moms just seem to be the glue that holds a family together through thick and thin........couldn't live without um that is for sure. Our prayers are with you and your family. ;)

Cindy Hendricks

Administrator
Staff member

Chelse:

From all of us here at RVUSA.com we are sorry for your loss. Sounds like you had many good years with her and the memories are priceless. :)

Cindy @ RVUSA.com
The RVUSA.com Team

DL Rupper

RE: sad day

Chelse, sorry for your loss. May you and your family find comfort in the treasured memories.

C Nash

Thanks all. Yes, 47 years of wonderful memories.
Meant to say first flight by the Wright Bros not Wilburn :blackeye:

rlmurraysr59

Sorry for your loss. Having lived that long she probably met some Wilburn brothers too. What a great story. Sounds like you got your compassion and maybe your zest for living from knowing her. She sure lived a wonderful life. My grandfather was a Cincinnati Reds fan for as long as I could remember. He finally got to go to a live game when he was in his 90's. It is so wonderful that she was able to participate in so many things. What a teacher she must have been.

God Bless and travel safe.

C Nash

Ron, She was a devoted Braves fan and never missed one on tv. We could not even get her to go to lunch with us if a game was on. At 98, I think, she was at the Braves game that was rain delayed and tied until 2am in the morning. She would not leave. Until two year ago she could name the whole team.