Saddens My Heart

utmtman

:( :( as well as the rest of me. Due to expenses this year, not planned on we are broke. So we shall spend the winter in Utah. :( I just hope I dont have to put no more repairs on this motor home for a couple more years. And I am becoming deeply religious praying for a light snow and mildly cold winter. We figure if we pull it off right we "might" be doing better by next summer and can travel again. Maybe by summer my health will improve as well. Normally we workamp during the year but due to all my new health issues I could not do that this year either.
For all you winter travelers, have fun and enjoy.

H2H1

Re: Saddens My Heart

Hey Lee sorry to hear you not doing so well, I hope you get better so you can do what you love to do.So keep a positive attitude and be looking for you on the road, :)

G

Lee am very sorry to hear this news ,, but i can relate also ,, but keep the positive as hollis said ,, u'll be back at it in no time ,, trust me ;) :) :)

C Nash

Lee and Fran. I can relate to your problem with the expense and age catching up with me. SS and retirement wages are not increasing with the economy but stll better off than some. Keep the hope and all will get better. Enjoy the winter snows and make the best of it.

utmtman

Well if it hadnt of been for Utah changing the state taxes this year and I had to pay 500% more than past years, then 6,000 dollars for brakes and rotors, then 30,000 mile maintenance that run to the tune of 1,800 dollars, then a rebuild on our tow dolly we had to pay the insurance deductible, than two seperate warranty repairs on the motor home that we had to pay our deductible on, I have just been dinged to the max this year. Thats why we changed our address to South Dakota, no taxes next year. Plus because of the move my insurance dropped 400 dollars a year and we dont have to pay the post office 11.95 a week to send our mail, SD only charges the cost of sending our mail which is about 10.00 a year. We should be better off next year. I did happen onto a steal on some guns recently and I am going to resale them later this month and should make 1,100 on my 300 dollar investment. That will go good into getting us up a little.
The health issues started last Nov with Sciatic nerve problems that turned into a severe hip arthritis and bursitis that all but put me down off my feet. Than I found out I have sleep apnea and they put me on a CPAP machine and I have to stick around a bit while they run some more tests. They want to see me at 30 and 60 days out from getting on that machine than they say I am free to wander which puts us into Nov. Also they tell me I have fibromyalgia which means they dont know why I have constant pains in my back and legs. But there is good news in all that. I have dropped 40 lbs since last Nov trying to make it easier for my legs. LOL 60 more to go and I will be happy and they say I will probably not have most of these problems once I get the weight down. We shall see.
Hey Nash you see they have said we will not be gettin a cost of living allowance on our SS for the next three years. Hmmmm Wonder what will happen in three more years?

G

Lee agian sorry to hear all that ,, and i feel for u ,, really ,, i too have felt the wrath of all this economy stuff ,, had to take a full time job working for another person ,, to keep my buss going ,, but as u i am on the POSITIVE now and not looking back ,,, no matter what happens ,, all is up and up from now on ,, but u'l do ok ,, i know u will ,, ur' an rver ,, and living the life that most (including me) may never get to experience ,, but u have all of our prayers and support behind u ,, and if u need it ,, maybe a kick in the butt to get u going again :eek: :cool: :cool: :cool: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I am JK u ,, but we all are behind u 110% :approve: :approve: :approve:

C Nash

Lee, I have grown to welcome all those aches and pains. Makes me realize that I have seen another day. Seems as though each day becomes a little more special. I used to ask my Mother "how do you feel?" She would answer "don't ask and I want tell" then she would say "son don't ever grow old. :eek: :eek: :laugh: Just saw where the oldest woman 115 passed away. My Mother-in-law was 107!! WOW what they had seen.

G

well nash ,, i can't comment on some of the aches and pains ,, as of yet ,, but i am getting few that i never had before ,, and they hurt ,, and as for growing old ,, i was told the same thing by my grandmother ,, i guess i should have listened better :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

utmtman

Well thank you all for the comments I am feeling better about it and still hoping a miracle will happen and we can get on our feet again. And praying we have no more repairs to do on this rig. LOL

JamesH

Lee,
Miracles happen, I have been reading this forum for awhile and decided to join in, and I have seen 730 go down and come up stronger, Kirk's wife had foot surgery and is over it, Shadow keeps hiding in storage areas and still gets out once and a while, not to mention BroDavid and all that he has gone thru, and he is planning to be at the Meet, so this too will go by and you will be stronger also, and as Tex said "OH BOY" , we can not wait to hear that you also are up and going again. We will also be praying for you.

JHT

H2H1

Welcome James to the best forum. Yes we all have been down, but with good friends as we have on this forum it is easy to get back up. And believe me , Lee and Fran will be up and running real soon. If it was a place to have good friends this is the place, so come on and join in on some of the conversations. :laugh: :laugh:

*scooter*

I'm confident that this is a temporary bump in the road. Believe me, we rv'rs are a tough bunch and, know what we love to do and how to accomplish it. I certainly hope and pray for the best for you two and expect to be looking back at this post and thinking, whew...that was rough, but much better nowl. :) :)

utmtman

Welcome to the forum James and thanks for the shot in the arm. I have a small windfall in the form of a couple of guns I got for near nothing and I am going to do a yard sale next weekend and hope to sell them for a nice profit. Plus we have a bunch of stuff we are trying to clear out of our shed that will be sold than as well. If that works out we may go south and hope for the best with no problems. I know that next year we will not have to pay state taxes so it will be nice to get all our fed taxes back, that big jump up this year likes to have gave both the wife and I a heart attack for the shock. We also just got our insurance for the next six months and the price has dropped 98 dollars a month because of the move to South Dakota as our new home of record. So things are already getting a bit brighter.
I believe my prayers are being answered.

H2H1

SO FOR SO GOOD, Lee that sounds great. I just hope it continue for you. We hope to see you again in the future. :cool: :cool: :cool:

cwishert

Lee I am a little younger than you and I finally got a diagnosis of fibromyalgia after years of suffering and people thinking I was crazy. It was up and down for a while because the rheumatologist said it wasn't fibromyalgia just because I did't jump out of my skin when she touched my shoulder one time. I did alot of research and then went to another doctor. He said the rhuematoligist was probably just used to seeing patients with more severe cases however he has seen people that have relatively little pain most of the time but then at times are almost immobile. That would be me. Anyway, long story short, they are coming up with alot of different ways to treat it and it really isn't an all or nothing disease. I am currently taking an antidepressant which is helping greatly. I am not a depressed person and I fought taking the medicine for several years. Then after the doctor convinced me it wasn't "crazy pills", I agreed to try. It has helped me greatly. Still have bad and good days but for the most part only good. That has alot to do with attitude also. Your economical situation will handle itself one way or another and you will be on your way again. We get knocked down so we can learn to climb back up again. I wish I could lose the weight though. I know it would make me feel 1000% better. Long winded I am!!!! :eek: :) :approve: :laugh:

DL Rupper

Hey Lee, Utah has to support and take care all the California free loaders that have moved from there because of HIGH taxes. Now Utah has to raise their tax.

Glad to hear things are looking up. 4 years ago I had a bout with a raging sciatic nerve. I woke up after the 2004 presidential election (stress) with a terrible pain in my hip/rear end. It went away after 6 mos and a lot of Vicodin. My wife had a bout with Polymyalgia Rheumatica. Its very much like Fibromyalgia. It came on in a matter of days and took 2 years of high doses of anti-inflammatory pain killers before it gradually went away. However, she did manage to RV during the pain. The rhuematoligist wouldn't admit that was what she had, but couldn't come up with any better diagnosis. Anyway things have a way of coming on and then going away. Take care. Hope to see you out on the road.

JamesH

hey, I feel better already, after hearing all your problems, I have nothing to worry about,
Just talked to brodavid and his son TOY has left to go to Cal to greet his team so he can do his part to protect all of us, remember them also in prayer
I flew with Toy for over ten years and he is a great guy, kinda like his dad,
hope everybody bodies feel better today,

GO WITH GOD, BECAUSE HE IS THERE TO GO WITH YOU

jht