San Fran to AZ via Rental from Cruise America??

epauldc29

A friend and I are renting a Cruise America RV and going from San Francisco to Phoenix AZ in October.

The route we are currently planning is to go from San Fran to Yosemite than down to Palm Springs up to the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley and than back down to Phoenix.

Does anyone have any ideas, thoughts or reconditions? This will be my first time in an RV and would like some pointers or the like. Does anyone have experience with Cruise America RV rentals?

DL Rupper

Re: San Fran to AZ via Rental from Cruise America??

Hey epauldc29, welcome to the forum. No experience with Cruise America, but they are all over where we camp. They are probably the biggest rental company if that means anything. Take some 2x6s or 2x8s boards with you to level the RV (maybe 18 inches long). I doubt if they give you any when they rent it. We were hosts at Capitol Reef Nat'l Park and the renters that came in with Cruise Americas (Class C's) had a hard time trying to level the RV. Make sure they give you all the necessary sewer hoses and water hoses. Go over how to hook up all the electrical, water, and sewer fixtures. Good Luck

epauldc29

DL,

Thanks for the pointers - I think that info will come in handy.

EP

*scooter*

Welcome epauldc29. I don't know what route you'll be taking to Yosemite, but if its hwy 140 make sure you rig can fit because of a rock slide. They changed the roadway and there is size limitation because of the detour. If you stay at the KOA Mariposa, there is a shuttle that will take you into the park for a fee.

epauldc29

It's a Standard RV for Cruise America - about 23 to 25 feet

*scooter*

You might want to call ahead and see if the road is open if you intend to use hwy 140, or use a shuttle to go into the park, or enter the park from the other side. I know the shuttle they use just barely made it :eek: , so it might not be worth the risk.