Sat. system

*scooter*

I'm looking for some help with hooking up a sat. system
I have a 2002 Southwind 32V. It has a sat dish on the roof, pre-wired. At my home, I have the 'dishnetwork'. Can I just take the extra sat. box out of the house and plug it in? In the cabinet is a little box that I was told for the sat. system (size of a light switch). Also, there is some wires (3) in the cabinet that are marked (satellite) I'm not sure how to go about hooking this up and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and/or guide me to some informational source.
Thanks in advance.
*scooter*

Bush70

Re: Sat. system

I don't think Dish TV lets you do that but I could be wrong. Check with them. I know Direct TV does. As far as hooking it up,Is there a spliter box? Are the 3 wires in the cabnet all coax wires? Is the dish a crank up or a dome? The box you think you should hook to, is there a switch on it? It may be for the antenna. Give us some more info. and maybe we can be more help.
Good Luck

C Nash

The box from home will work if the MH dish is compatable with dish network. I used mine from home when we had dish network but have since changed to direct because it's easier to aim IMO

*scooter*

Thanks for the info. so far. The MH dish is a 'Winegard'. I found a splitter box and it is in a different cabinet from the three wires (coax). I believe the three wires are for the sat. box, and the wires run to the splitter behind the cabinet. The dish on the MH is a crank up.
Thanks for your help.

par

I use my Dish 500 reciever (uses duel LMB) with my dish 300 motorhome crank-up unit (uses a single unit). It works but I can only watch one satalite 119. I can find and lock onto satalite 110 but I get a message telling me I don't have permission to veiw it. so I can't get all the channels that I get at home. Gonna try direct to see if it works better.

*scooter*

I have a technichian from Dish coming over to set up the motor home, using the exististing system. If they show, I'll share the results.

*scooter*

The technician came by, young guy, said he could'nt help. Waited 5 hours. Boy what a disappointment. About what I expected though.

C Nash

Yep, that's what the young guy that installed mine in the house told me when I told him the other receiver went in the MH. When I purchased the system they said puting in the MH would be no problem. Oh well, it wasn't for me but I use the portable sat. dish.

gene 409

We use Directv at home with a dual LNB set up on the house. When we go Rving we use the bedroom receiver and it works perfect. Have been doing that for 5+ years with no problem. My MH has a automatic dish set up. The house receiver has a 10 or 12 pin connector that receives info from the Telco sat system in the 1st connection. It then has a coax lead from the Telco box again marked receiver that goes to "sat in" on the house unit. The last and third connection goes from the house receiver "out" to the TV's. I know this by heart after rebuilding a console this weekend that crashed to the dash two weeks ago. :angry:

*scooter*

RE: Sat. system

Sorry to hear about the mishahp, but thanks for the good information ! I'll try to set it up after the holiday weekend at home berfore I triy it out on the road. :cool:

H2H1

RE: Sat. system

MORNING SCOOTER. I HAVE A 2003 SOUTHWIND AND WAS THINKING OF DOING THE SAME THING. READ IN THE FORUM THAT CAN BE DONE. I WILL WAIT ON OTHERS TO REPLY BACK TO YOU AND FOLLOW THERE DIRECTION. I HAVE DIRECT SAT HOPING THAT NOT A PROBLEM. HAPPY RV DAYS

*scooter*

Afternoon H2H1. I kinda wish there was a place (dealship or otherwise) that I could just take it to and have them show me, but ....
I'll post any results that I may have.

gene 409

Personally I am convinced that whatever you are using in the house for receivers that function would work perfect in your coach. I have had manual dishes and granted they are a bit challenging to aim at times work fine. The satellite company's tell you it has to be connected to a phone line (im sure that is to stop people from pirating signals but that aint the case in reality). Unless Dish is that different I would bet money it will work in your rig if wired correctly. You should have a main antenna lead (big)from the Sat dish to connect to "Sat In" like the unit on your home. A power cord to 120V and a Out to the TV. Let us know.

routabit

I have Direct TV at home and use the box from the bedroom. I just stick it in the trailer, and I have an extra dish I take along that I bought off Ebay for $5. When I set up, I just use the the Sat Finder Meter thing from CWorld and if I have a line of sight due South with a compass, I've never had a problem getting my channels from home.

Now to further qualify that statement, I have a Dual TIVO box at home too and it does have a second dish that gets about 5-6 other channels. Naturally, I can't get those channels with my one LNB dish, just Sat 119 which is plenty good for me.

routabit

I have to correct myself as I get this mixed up all the time. I've had both systems at one time or another but I am now am using Dish Network.

LadyDe7936

We have Direct TV also. I ran the coax through the windows and just had the tech set up my dish. Going to have to get a tripod before we move from here though.