Satelitte 4 Motorhome Question!!

Old Forum Post

[KLIMO] Was wondering what most motorhome owners use foe a satellite company. I just bought a motorhome that has a dish but no receiver. I need to purchase a receiver and service that is good throughout the U.S.A. Any suggestions out there?? What do you use??? klimo@home.com

Old Forum Post

[Gary B] We have Dish Network, just the basic package, it works good am watching it right now, when we go I put the reciver in the MH and my protable dish in the toad and away we go. The only reason we got Dish network is when the local dish sales folks had a $50.00 special a couple of yrs. ago thats what I bought, if I had bought a month early it would have been Direct TV. Happy trails Gb

Old Forum Post

[RonS] I also have DISH Network, and I am satisfied with them. My dish is mounted on top of my Class A and it takes me awhile to FIND the satelite signal, even thou all in done from inside the MH. I keep telling myself that all I need is more practice, but is not getting better.

Old Forum Post

[Jerry] I use direct view and did not mount my dish on the motorhome, because I find too many campgrounds with trees interfering with the line of sight needed to get the sat. signal. Also I subcribe to my local channels at home and rec. them on my dish while in Fl. in the winter. Yukon and Alaska it would not work with the small dish, they use a 36 inch dish up there.