Satellite TV Month to Month

dpitts

I heard from a camp host that SOMEONE they ran into once who was charged only one month at time. They couldn't remember who the company was, so am looking for some imput from one of you. Apparently, you call in and ask them to activate, they bill you for the month only. Sounds great for those not full-timing, but have
to find out if there actually IS a company that does this.

Anyone?
Thanks,
Dick dpitts4@juno.com

Kirk

I doubt it, but can't be sure. So far as I know there are only two companies that provide satellite TV, Dish Net and Direct TV. I suggest that you contact each of them to see what they say. I am sure that there is a minimum time for the contract when you start and there would very likely be an extra charge each time you turn it on and then off.

I think that a better way for a part-timer is to get dish TV at home and then take a receiver on the road as well as a dish. That is what most users do and it works very well.

Dave Scott

Make sure you review the available channels do decide if this is a good solution for you. There are no premium entertainment channels.

News/Information
C-Span CNBC Headline News The Weather Channel
C-Span2 CNN NASA
Family
ABC Family Disney Channel (East) Nickelodeon / Nick at Night (East) TV Land
Cartoon Network Disney Channel (West) Nickelodeon / Nick at Nite (West)
Sports
ESPN ESPN2 ESPNews TV Games Network
ESPN Alternate ESPN2 Alternate Horse Racing TV
Education/Learning
Discovery Channel History Channel The Learning Channel
Food Network Home & Garden Television The Travel Channel
Music
Country Music Television MTV ">MTV2 VH1
Public Interest
Documentary Channel Free Speech TV Northern Arizona Univ. University of California
BYUTV Good Samaritan Network Panhandle Area Edu.. University of Washington
Classic Arts Showcase HITN RFDTV
Colours TV LINK TV Research Channel
Religious
Angel One Eternal Word Television Network Trinity Broadcasting Network
Shopping
Beauty & Fashion Channel Jewelry Television Shop NBC
Healthy Living Channel Men's Channel Shop at Home
Home Shopping Network QVC TV Outlet Mall
ISHOP Resort & Residence

lhollatz

RE: Satellite TV Month to Month

Since you are in the full timers forum, I assume you are in your RV much of the year. We use direct TV and have the distant channel options so we can get west coast and east coast network feeds anywhere we travel. We can put the service on hold for months at a time with no charge and activate it when you use the RV again. It can be off for more than 50% of the time and you only pay for the months you use.

Roadhouse