Sealant for frame joints exposed to elements


New Member
I am just finishing repairs to my pickup camper and need the proper sealant to reapply to the external places where the aluminum comes together and are covered with some sort of molding. The original sealant seems to have held up very well considering the camper is probably 20-30years old and I would like to use the same stuff. I think its probably a standard type used in the industry. It is gray and still sticky and flexible, similar to plumbers putty in consistency. Does anyone know what this is called and where I can get it? Thanks for any help you can give.


Senior Member
Re: Sealant for frame joints exposed to elements

Use Tacky Tape under the moldings and then use Acryl-R 5522 for the verticle wall areas and if yoy have a metal or fiberglass roof use Acryl-R 5504. For rubber roof use either Dicor lap seal or Carlilse rubber roof sealant. If you would rather use silicon instead of acrylic sealants, go to a marine parts store and get Lifetime sealant.