Sensor Monitor Lights Aren't Working

The monitor lights from my tank sensor are not working, including the battery light. I know there is nothing wrong with the battery. It works fine. What could be wrong and how do I fix it?

TexasClodhopper

Re: Sensor Monitor Lights Aren't Working

Look for a loose or bad ground connection somewhere around where the sensors mount to the tank.

Johnny-O

Gee rabbithole, you sure don't like to give much info out. First of all, do you have 12V power any where in the coach? If not, that could be the problem with your AC also. If you have a wall t-stat, then your AC is 12V CONTROLLED. So check your fuses and your batt voltage at the fuse panel. If that's all good try pulling the sensor panel and make sure the harness is still plugged in. Good luck. ;)

Kirk

I think that Tex is on the right track, but since the tank sensors and the battery level indicator are both not working the thing that they have in common is the ground on the back of the indicator display panel. If you remove it, then check for a ground lead and make sure that it has a good connection. If you own a meter, read from the ground lead to a good contact with the frame of your RV, or even to the neg. side of your coach battery. It should read near 0 ohms. If you don't have a meter, get a long wire and connect the end to the neg. post of your battery and the other end to the ground terminal on the back of the display. If it then works, you have found the problem.

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you guys on this problem. I posted on here this morning but for some reason it didn't come thru.
Thanks for the info. At least I have some idea now of what the problem might be.

Ground wires, wires, electrical whatevers (cept, :laugh: plug it in and "let there be light") are not my forte, but I guess I'll try to remove the monitor display and have a look see.
:question: :dead: :bleh: What color of wire is a ground lead?

BTW, my 12 v system must be working ok; my lights work during power out. I have a fairly new battery and keep water in it.

Kirk

A ground lead is usually green, but not all manufacturers follow the codes. Look on the back of the panel for a terminal that is labled GND. If there is a single green lead it is probably the right one. Another way to find it is to look at the foil path on the back of the circuit board. The ground is the one that will have a path to everything on the display.

Johnny-O

It's also very common to find the black or white wires being ground especially in DC circuits, but as Kirt says, not everybody follows the same rules. If you don't find a terminal labeled GND, you might find a symbol that looks like a christmas tree, same thing. ;) lol :)