service light

rdcleary

fuel pump won't engage, service light won't come on when I turn the ingitne key. What I need to know is where can I go to have the processor checked? All the ford dealers I called said that they couldn't help me.

C Nash

service light

:question: What year and what kind of vehicle are you asking about. Where are you located? Most anyone (shop) that specalizes in electrical work should be able to diagnos the problem. Is it still under warrenty? Need a little more info

rdcleary

service light

Its an '99, and I'm in NJ. Also do you know where the processor is located in the RV? Also not under warranty.

Thanks

C Nash

service light

Is the service engine light and the fuel pump the only thing that is inoperative? Does the starter turn the engine? Ford did have some problems with their in tank fuel pumps. I would first check for fuse, wire or relays giving problems. What brand M?H?

hertig

service light

You may be able to get a tool to read the diagnostic information yourself at Pep Boys/Checker/Auto Zone or the like. The one for my old truck ran about $30 and I alway carried it in the truck so I had an idea what the computer thinks is wrong before taking it to a mechanic (provides a sanity check on his diagnosis). I'll try to get one for my new truck before the warrenty expires.