Service? Really?

stoop

I know I'm just a small bird on the wires but in this era of poor customer service and high dollar prices, I found a new one that gets my goat. RV City, Huachuca City, AZ is the last place anyone should spend their money expecting to receive in return service on their RV. They have amateurs and like to joke about it. Their service manager (David) is no better. Gene is retired now. Look elsewhere if you have a choice in it. What a painful experience dealing with shop work. I hope they had a good laugh.

C Nash

welcome to the forum stoop. Give some details on poor service and don/t be a one time poster.

stoop

I just had to vent a little. You all know the customer service roundy-round routine already. When they act unconcerned, it takes it to a new level. I won't go back there though.

I've been a lurker on this site for a while. Used to read every post on multiple catagories when I was bored in Iraq. Now, me and my travel-trailer have been living together for about 2 years. Hoping to retire soon. Ya'll keep the good info coming. Thanks

C Nash

Well thats what the forum is for stoop. A good place to vent and pass along bad service. If you find a good one be sure and tell us. You may have to go to GTS to find that. By the way THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE IN IRAQ. Hope we helped some in your tour over there. keep us informed

stoop

Thank you Ma'am. You have no idea how much I enjoyed this site and gleaned lots of info that has helped with problems. My daughter has now bought a TT too. God bless you all and thanks for everything and good luck to you all.

H2H1

Hey Stoop, that is MR. Chelse Nash, AND NO HE WANT BE MAD BEING CALL Ma'am, he been called worst. As nash said ,, from a veteran to a veteran thanks for your service.

C Nash

No A on the end of Chelse Stoop. Old family name and it was around a long time before Chelsea has been here. No problem Most just call me Nash LOL

H2H1

stoop see he a good man with a great atitude. He a full timer from the great state of Al. and he has enough kids , grand kids and great great grand kids to start his on football team. A man of wisdom, interlect, and just enough common sense to be dangerous.

C Nash

Dang Hollis now I will have to buy new caps!!! The ones I have are now to little LOL Thanks

stoop

My apologies MR. Nash. I don't know my left hand from my right most times. Thanks for your understanding and for being a vet. We need more like you. Happy RV'ing to all.

C Nash

No apology necessary Stoop. Wish madam was all I had ever been called. We are grounded for 2 months for a grandson wedding and then a Nash reunion. Watch the road may be me you are meeting. Wife says I go the way I look and I am bad to look around. LOL Don't want to miss anything. Drive slow and see the sights. Got no where to be and no certain time to be there.

SydnyG

From Another Veteran........wanted to tell you all about the most fabulous RV mechanics EVER!!!! Yup, I have an RV known for over-the-top expensive fix-its......but whether it is a missing bolt, or a blown engine, these guys are worth their weight in gold. No matter if you have an electrical problem, a roof that needs replaced, a whole interior decorating job......NO MATTER. Don't mess around with the RV Manufacturer, the Dealer, or the Voodoo Service Department. I've been to all the places, and spent thousands of dollars on phoney fix-its, and finally found what RVer's deserve in the way of personalized service, individual attention, and warranteed workmanship:
TRADEWINDS COACH & MARINE, 1995 Eidson Road; DeLand, Florida.
There is not enough I can say about the owners, Scott and Brian, who go out of their way to do a good job. Their experience in Service and personal care are outstanding, and I have never heard a negative word about TRADEWINDS from anybody. So, my message to you is if you are having issues with getting whatever needs to get done RIGHT, then it is worth your time to go to DeLand, Florida, and know there is an honest company who will make it right. No, they don't advertise.......they don't have to!

debrey

it's good to find a thread about service.
Ant idea what I should expect to pay for a front end allignment on a class c with an E450 chasis and a recommended service centers in Orange county Ca?

SydnyG

Well debrey, it looks like you are further away fron DeLand, Florida than your motorhome would like, but there should be something in Orange Co. that someone could recommend. Make sure the recommendation doesn't come from loud, big advertisements........you know you are in trouble if you decide the ads sound positive..........unfortunately, these folks don't have enough business that they must use outlandish scenarios to lure the customers to their shop. Just watch it, and don't be fooled. Get good recommendations before you spend one dime! Good luck!

debrey

You're right I am too far away. If I were there I'd be a sight closer to Alabama.
I'm gonna a check out a place where I see rv's sometimes. They've got a sign and an add online butit's all low key and something different is parked there most days.

akjimny

Debrey - If there are any RV parks in your neighborhood you might try asking some of the residents or the park manager who they would recommend for repairs. We RVer's are a pretty friendly and helpful bunch and someone might be able to steer you to a good repairman. Good luck and post back to let us know how things work out.:):)

H2H1

I would think any Ford dealer should be able to handle it in there shop. Just call and ask if they can and how much. I think this will give you an idea on what to expect the cost to be.

debrey

I think I'll give that a shot.
We're going down to Pechanga in inland San Diego county in a couple of weeks.