Sewer rings

MFreeman

Hi Neighbors, got a question for you. We reserved a spot in Destin, Fl for a week this summer. Got the paperwork yesterday and in it, they stated they required a sewer ring. What is a sewer ring? I have a stepped cone shaped device on the end of my hose, is this a sewer ring or do I need something else???? :cool: :question:

hertig

Re: Sewer rings

I have seen a flexible, truncated cone, bored for the sewer hose end (at Camping World). The idea is, it acts as a gasket between the sewer hose and the dump station.

I think this is the 'bottom end' methodology. It would seem that a 'universal' threaded sewer connection would be even better. So if you have an assortment of threaded sizes, or a flexible 'cork', you should be ok. Of course, you would be best off by calling the campgound and seeing what is acceptable. It would be obnoxious if they turned down a superior solution just because it did not follow the 'letter of the law'.

hertig

Unless you have one of those 'universal' sewer connections which screws into or fits snugly in most of the dump stations out there.

I got the 'blue' slip fit universal sewer connection at the beginning of my RVing 'career' and have never had any case where I needed that (cheaper) ring. Now I prefer an electric macerator, and even then I use a garden hose adapter (the 'beige' one) inside one of those 'universal' screw in/push in adapters to 'seal' the connection.

Archh

I have been in campgrounds that insist you use those rings.

I carry one but have had problems with it slipping out. Usually have to put a rock on it.

There are sites that don't have threaded sewer connections and you have to use a ring at those.