sheets

hmwlvn

I'm new to all of this, are there special sheets you can buy for the queen size bed?

thanks,
hope

hertig

sheets

No, if you have a standard size queen bed, any standard queen sheets should work.

However, there are short sheets you can buy for the short queen size bed in some (many?) RVs. Check out RV suppliers, like Camping World. They tend to be low grade, and more expensive than low grade sheets should be, but the law of supply and demand says otherwise...

ARCHER

sheets

Momma just tucks in the extra that might overhang a little. A lot cheaper than buying custom RV sheets.

TexasClodhopper

sheets

My Sallyberetta can't sleep on a wrinkled sheet ;) , but she won't buy a "low grade" one either. We have to keep a regular queen size pulled tight, so I guess a lot of RV mattresses are short queens.

dragonne7

sheets

What about the other beds?? We're looking at a 29' Jayco trailer, and the sofa makes out to a 42" x 72" bed, and the dinette is 38" x 68".

What in the world am I supposed to do for sheets for those??

TexasClodhopper

sheets

There's always scissors and a sewing machine! :clown:

Actually, what we do is keep a "twin size" blow-up mattress around. It has a built-in battery powered pump. That goes on the "sofa" that unfolds flat. It makes the "sofa" comfortable to sleep on for short people, and the pump reverses to take the air out for storage. Quick and easy.

Re: sheets

42 by 72 is larger than a twin, but smaller than a double. I would used double sheets and tuck in the extra. The dinette, 38 by 68 is the width of a twin bed. Twin beds are usually around 39-40 inches wide. Just use twin sheets. Of course they will all probably be too long, just tuck in the extra. On my short queen, I sewed the top to the bottom sheet and there is a good amount of elastic on the bottom, and I have a 3 inch memory foam topper that the sheets fit nice.

Sheets are quite easy to make. They are also quite easy to remake on a sewing machine.

Happy camping! :)

hertig

Re: sheets

Camping World has some sheets for the short queen. On the package, the manufacturer claims to 'have 15 colors, 7 different thread counts and make custom sizes'. You might check them out to see if they can provide what you want.