Shopping for new Diesel Coach

Mike Sims

I previously requested input about Beaver Monterey. I'd appreciate any input regarding Winnebago Tour or Vectra, Alpine Coach, Country Coach, Travel Supreme, or other similar coaches. I'm looking for a new 36 foot triple or quad slide, and these are the models I've identified as potential candidates.

Thanks in advance for any input.

hertig

I'm partial to Country Coach (so far). Their construction is excellent (particularly the cabinetry). Some of their parts are problematical - so far I have had problem with the plastic compartment latches (4 broken when I got the unit and 3 broken since then), the step cover gearbox (they went with the one without limit switch, so the nylon gear strips easily) and the windshield washer tank (bolt holes too close to the tank, so easily punctured when installed or tightened). Of course, this is the Inspire, their 'entry line', and one of the first built to boot. When I was looking, the CC entry models compared well with high end models of other brands.

s.harrington

Alpine has been having some quality control problems of late. I have been unimpressed for the last 2 year models. I don't know your price range but I would look at Allegro, Newmar, Foretravel, Coutry Coach and Monaco. I wouldn't opt for a Winne unless price was your main concern.

oilcity6

We are new to the "Coach" scene, previously in a trailer trailer. We looked at a 40' 1995 Holiday Rambler (Diesel 300 hp) Imperial. Any know problems with this brand or model?