Shot Gun In RV?

tallyo

Re: Shot Gun In RV?

I got it......I am going to carry a Paint ball gun. So if I accidentally hit your RV it won't have a hole in it just a few blotches of enamel paint..Then if I shoot a gangster we can identify him/her by the paint color......
As I ride off on my big steed can I say.."hi ho Silver Away"

Surprised no one has talked about "snipe" hunting....

JBTcajun

RE: Shot Gun In RV?

I have a Banelli riot gun that sleeps with me.
It is fully loaded with #4 high brass.
Will take care of the job and not stray to far.
I cannot remember the last time I slept without this gun in close proximity.
I quit the NRA because they saw fit to erode my rights by backing the right to carry laws. I have that right and need no other permits because I was borne an American.
In this area it would be my guess that more people have a gun close by than those that don't. The thing is you don't see people who believe in their to right carry trying to compel those that don't want to exercise that right.
People that believe the government should be looked upon to handle their business are what got us into the shape we are now. You will also find that many people keep arms that the government might know it will not be a breeze to divest us of all our rights. Uncle Sam is doing a fine job of removing them 1 by one and many people find themselves backing the process. Search my person to enter a building fine makes me safer, listen to my private conservations fine it makes me safer, confiscate my property fine it makes us safer, spy on me with cameras and other electronic devices fine it makes us safer, force me to wear seat belts fine it makes me safer. Where will it stop?
America communism that works. For the average person freedom day(the amount of salary made to pay for taxes, fees, liscenses, ect) is now in July. Yes lets give up our right to have guns in motor homes it makes me safer.
Sorry for the long rant that is not directly RV related but I am quite worried about the America my grandchildren will be forced to live in.

tallyo

Wow if I was this miserable and felt that unsafe in my environment I think I might move to a safer country.

Now let's see here's a guy who sleeps with a gun yet feels violated and not safer about scanners, wire taps,cameras,and seat belts???
So now let me get this clear too, we all, no matter our background,skills abilities or age, should have the right to carry weapons concealed or in a holster on our hip? As I visualize old uncle Louie drunk on the 4th of July shooting his 357 magnum up in the air and bullets falling on Aunt Louise and little baby Louie's heads.

We certainly wouldn't want to discriminate against any group of people would we?

I am trying to think of a safer place to live but I can't yet.

DL Rupper

talyo, it's time to knock off the political dribble. We like to talk RV's. We told you what you wanted to know. MOST OF US EXERCISE our right to have Firearms in our RV's. We don't try to tell you to pack so get off it. :angry:

tallyo

Yikes.........so if I don't agree with your thinking it's political dribble and not a subject for this forum. It's ok for you to tell me I should pack to be safe but not ok for me to not want you to pack because I feel safer? And you folks did try to convince me that I would be safer packing a weapon.

Wonder where it said we all had to read all this stuff whether we want to or not? Wonder where it said we cannot have fun and stir the pot here? Is this for serious stuff only?

And I cannot exercise my right to disagree??

Aye Aye Sir.......

JBTcajun

tallyo - 1/27/2008 8:58 AM

Wow if I was this miserable and felt that unsafe in my environment I think I might move to a safer country.

Now let's see here's a guy who sleeps with a gun yet feels violated and not safer about scanners, wire taps,cameras,and seat belts???
So now let me get this clear too, we all, no matter our background,skills abilities or age, should have the right to carry weapons concealed or in a holster on our hip? As I visualize old uncle Louie drunk on the 4th of July shooting his 357 magnum up in the air and bullets falling on Aunt Louise and little baby Louie's heads.

We certainly wouldn't want to discriminate against any group of people would we?

I am trying to think of a safer place to live but I can't yet.
This here is my last post on the topic.
You brought this up in a round about way to make you're unpopular point. That is what people with those believes do.
I have never felt unsafe, but rather feel prepared.
I wish you and all you're kind would move.
Its not that we should have the right to conceal and carry its that we already have it. I know of many people who I do not feel comfortable around because they carry that are felons and don't have the right. Making it illegal for people such as myself to carry does nothing to stop those who truly shouldn't have weapons.
My love for this county runs deep and true. That's why I am concerned as I see our basic rights slipping away with the approval of many voters. Point a finger and looking radical is a small price to pay if only one person begins to want the government to control its self before its to late.
Lets agree to disagree.

tallyo

Cajun,

We have always had the right to disagree.

My point is only unpopular with those who feel the burning desire to pack a weapon. I would feel differently about this subject if those folks were required to take a weapons safety, use and training course prior to having the weapon and then they would have to prove their skills at certain intervals as they grow older; but so many just go out and buy a weapon go behind the barn fire a few rounds at a beer can and then think they are all set. I feel the same way about drivers licenses. I know folks behind the wheel that have no business behind the wheel. Just as I know folks packing a weapon that have no business having one. That's what scares me. You may have a point that being prepared for those folks might become a necessity.

Weapon laws for felons etc is a whole other subject. Please don't get me started on that one.

Also Love of country has nothing to do with this subject. So many of us served at different times, so many of us actually were in combat at different times, and so many couldn't serve but that doesn't change ones love of country.

So where would you want me to move to?? Me and my kind? Are you that prejudicial? I was born in this country, the land of the free. We have the inherent right to express our opinions, just as you do but I try to in a courteous way. Now if you wish to dictate your beliefs by not wanting me and my kind in this country then I am sorry but you can't have it that way. Our constitution won't permit it.

I never asked for government control I was kind of hoping for some self control.

Steve H

RE: Shot Gun In RV?

Realizing I will not, nor do I intend, to change anyone’s opinion on firearms for personal protection, after being called a “geezer”, an “old excited folk with elite weaponry”, a “gun totter”, being compared to “gangsters”, being told I am “incompetent”, being equated with “old drunk uncle Louie who randomly fires his gun in a celebratory stupor before killing aunt Louise”, I would like to support those of you that do feel secure with personal carry of firearms and hopefully advocate that those of us that do are not paranoid “Dirty Harry” wannabes in need of some machismo fix with our guns. Responding to the “what-ifs”, “innuendo” and “supposition” makes for a challenging if not impossible undertaking. I would like to give it a shot (no pun intended).

Much weight has been put on whether or not armed citizens are sufficiently trained in the use of firearms. Some states do require training courses and thanks to the plethora of successful firearms training courses offered across the country, the actual per capita rate of firearms accidents has been steadily declining over the past few decades. Gun safety depends on education and personal responsibility. I fully support education efforts regarding gun ownership and safety. Personal responsibility issues involves much more than a gun safety course or proficiency exam and are something that is dealt with in all facets of our society.

The statement “that firearm discharges either by accident or just by poor aim kill people with regularity” is misleading. The rate of accidental deaths with guns is at an all-time low, down 93% since the all-time high in 1904. Gun accidents account for less than 0.7% of accidental deaths. One is far more likely to die from a fall, an auto accident, or from natural causes than a gunshot wound.

Then there is the lethal force issue. The quote was “how do you train old geezers, male and female to shoot to kill?” Semantics would lend me to think of this as how “do you train one to protect ones own life?” There are many courses offered through reputable schools like the Lethal Force Institute, The Chapman Academy, Insight Training Center, and Gunsite Training Center which specialize in Personal Protection Firearm education/training. Responsible owners will get training much like responsible drivers don’t drink and drive. We cannot mandate attitudes or personal responsibility.

” So now let me get this clear too, we all, no matter our background, skills, abilities or age, should have the right to carry weapons concealed or in a holster on our hip?” , a statement that most gun owners would think imprudent as well as inaccurate. No one can legally own a gun without first being the proper age and then meeting the requirements of both a Federal and State background check. In addition, most states prohibit open carry. If we are referring to those citizens that don’t follow the laws the point is moot!

The arguments for and against concealed carry seem to have remained the same over the years with few being convinced to change sides. There will always be the “haves” and the “have not’s” with respect to firearms. There are also extremes in both camps. For the most part, those of us that carry have no desire to “have our safety off and guns drawn while walking down the streets”. We are not the “bad guys” just proud Americans exercising a personal right to carry.

Have a great week!

tallyo

Steve, Your points are well taken.....

But too many what if's. If every gun owner did all the responsible things you talked about and if every state required all you talked about I wouldn't have too many fears.......

The problem is or better yet have those respond who have done all your if's . It is the "have not's" who scare me. and if one innocent man, woman or child gets shot that's one too many. Is it going to take 20% to get us worried????????
I used Geezers, gangsters etc comments only as effect terms. Because I too am an old geezer and a gangster at times.

I never said you were not proud Americans that has nothing to do with all this ...does it???????

Steve H

[SIZE= 10pt]Couldn't agree more...no one wants any innocent person injured or killed!

[/SIZE][SIZE= 10pt]Worry can be beneficial if it keeps one from becoming complacent. CPL holders need a certain amount of concern to keep safety at the forefront.I am just hoping RVers aren't obsessed with worry needlessly concerning people and CPL. Seems we all have plenty of other things to worry about!

[/SIZE][SIZE= 10pt]Meant no implications with the proud American statement…just a way to close the post!

[/SIZE]Best wishes!

ifishsum

To the OP:

Yes, I have brought a 12 gauge to bear against someone, but luckily did not have to fire a shot. The sound of the Mossberg's slide was enough to call off the attack. The police were called by my wife at the beginning of the encounter, and arrived about 5 minutes after the bad guys fled. They would have been too late to help my neighbor. I'm a firm believer in my right to responsibly defend myself and my family by whatever means possible. I'm not paranoid, and I doubt it will happen again, but I want to "Be Prepared" as they say in Boy Scouts.

All CPL holders I've known are very safe individuals who sincerely hope they never have to draw their weapon, but could and would shoot if they had to. I think many non-gun people misunderstand the thought process that's behind the decision to carry a weapon. We often get characterized as "cowboys" out looking for an excuse to shoot someone, but I have yet to meet a CPL holder with this attitude - in fact it's quite the opposite. I feel as if I have a larger responsibility to avoid potential conflict, and more importantly to avoid escalation of conflict.

My .02, and worth what you paid for it. :)