SISSOR JACKS

ARCHER

Hey all,
Been thinking of jacks for the Class A and saw a big class a in the park last week that had sissor jacks installed in the front and in the rear. I was not aware that you could use sissor jacks on a big rig, but guess I was wrong. Anybody know if this is the case and if so, what might a good price for them and where could they be purchased the cheapest? Also, think I could install them myself.. :approve:
All comments welcome. Getting tired and old in trying to stabilize the ole gal with the regular jacks by jacking it up and putting them in. Just too hard to crawal under and do the work anymore. :) :laugh: :cool: ;)

Bush70

SISSOR JACKS

I think they should be called sissor stablizers. The are not made to lif the rig just stablize it. That is OK if you are on level ground but the only lifting jacks are Hyd. HWH are the best as far I am concerned.

ARCHER

SISSOR JACKS

Agree, I did not want to "lift it", just stabilize it. Is the HWH good for stabilizing? I read your post as they are used for lifting, which I don't need to do. Where do they sell them? Do you know how much they cost? :)

Bush70

SISSOR JACKS

HWH will lift and or stablize. The are sold through almost any RV dealer or parts dealer like Camping World and so on. They have differant types from full auto to manuel. Cost between $2500 and $4000 I would guess. It depends on the coach.

Gary B

SISSOR JACKS

Hi Archer, we had scissor jacks on our 34' Bounder and they work good, as for lifting the MH with then that depends on if you had your Wheaties or not :eek: , what I did was carried a few leveling blocks and got the rig close then fine tuned the leveling and stabilized the MH with the scissor jacks. As for the best price check e-bay they are on there regularly, as for the installation yes you should be able to do it it may require some fabrication of mounts. Now when I say lifting I'm not talking about rasing a wheel off the ground, but lifting a corner or side of the MH to final level. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve:

ARCHER

SISSOR JACKS

Gary, tks. I'll check ebay out after we get home.
Are you thawed out yet..... :approve: :cool: :) :laugh:

Gary B

SISSOR JACKS

Hi Archer YES it was in the 50's yesterday but today we are back to win/spring only about 25*F. Definetly was warm enough yesterday to get rid of a lot of our snow and its now coming into my basement :( :angry: :dead: . Ohh well something new to do today :eek: . Hope you guys aren't overdosing on the sun ;)
:) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve: