Size of motorhome

boaterok

Looking at 40' U320Foretravel 2001. But I am concerned about the length. Is this overkill? Will I have problems locating overnight accomadations? What would be the best size to get? Basically what problems am I looking at in one this size. Thanks

C Nash

Size of motorhome

A lot will depend on how you plan to use the MH. Some State and National parks cannot accomadate units this size. how many will be traveling with you? Does it have slides? The length will be no problem as far as driving on major highways IMO. Will you be towing anything?

boaterok

Size of motorhome

Well just my wife and I. Yes going to sightsee and use at races. Yes either pull a vehicle or a 20' stacker trailer depending on which event we are doing. Thanks

Mike Sims

Size of motorhome

quote:Originally posted by boaterok

Looking at 40' U320Foretravel 2001. But I am concerned about the length. Is this overkill? Will I have problems locating overnight accomadations? What would be the best size to get? Basically what problems am I looking at in one this size. Thanks

I have no direct experience with Foretravel Coaches, but I've talked with a few owners, who always seem very happy. The 40 foot length could be a problem on some winding roads, but as long as you keep on highways and park in RV parks instead of state parks and national parks, you will have no problems. The biggest advantage with the 40 footer, other than floorspace, is the long wheel base, which will generally result in a better ride.

s.harrington

Size of motorhome

There is no maximum length for a state or national park it just that at most of them 30 to 32 feet is what they built for back in the day. Most national parks have not been up graded due to lack of funds. Same with a lot of state parks but the states are learning that they can actually make money on their better placed parks and are starting to upgrade them especially those near attractions like beaches and the like.