Skirting for the winter?

TexasClodhopper

Re: Skirting for the winter?

I think it's way too difficult to determine who is a paid advertiser and who is not.

Perhaps it isn't all that important, anyway.

Now I'm leaning towards thinking it's OK for this kind of presence by business persons with items of interest as long as they are active here and not just doing one of the "drive by" spam posts that we so object to.

If you were looking for skirting, this would be a good place to start and get some ideas from.

I don't really see anything to object to in this gentleman's posts, but I do respect the opinions and reactions of those that do object to that sort of posting.

SnowbirdInFlight

TexasClodhopper - 12/20/2010 9:07 AM I think it's way too difficult to determine who is a paid advertiser and who is not.

Tex, it isn't difficult at all. You go to the Main Page and look at the bottom. It also has a section that says "Meet the newest RVUSA Members" Since RVSkirting has exactly one post, then it stands to reason he would fall in this category. But, to further check all you have to do is click on the correct area that the poster falls in (under the RV Marketplace heading) and check to see if they are actually a sponsor. For instance you can click on RV Dealers, then Virginia and scroll to the bottom, past the big ads and you will find Grandview Trailer Sales, a paid member. :cool:

SnowbirdInFlight

Sho nuff!
horse2.gif

cwishert

Well, I am with Tex about if they have good advice that they should be able to give it, but that being said, if they are just giving advice, don't even make mention of your business. If you want to promote your business then pay for advertising. It's not fair to Ken and other paying advertisers if even one gets any business from one of thier non paid post. If I suggest a company to others that would be different. If I had a complaint about a company that also would be different. Ken never tries to sell outright in his posts, he tells the person if they are interested they can pm him, again he is a paying advertiser. Of course all of this is just my opinion and if I had a business and was really interested in this forum, I think I would use a regular member login not put my business name on my login. If I found out what a great website and forum it was, then I would look into paying for advertising on it! As for the skirting, depending on really how cold it gets and how long it stays that way, I am with those who suggest just some thicker foil covered panels and either wedge it under the coach or use some sort of spikes to wedge it around the outside of the coach. Maybe even just a thick tarp to block the wind if you can figure out a way to attach it to keep the wind out.

SnowbirdInFlight

cwishert - 12/22/2010 12:59 PM Well, I am with Tex about if they have good advice that they should be able to give it, but that being said, if they are just giving advice, don't even make mention of your business. If you want to promote your business then pay for advertising. It's not fair to Ken and other paying advertisers if even one gets any business from one of thier non paid post. If I suggest a company to others that would be different. If I had a complaint about a company that also would be different. Ken never tries to sell outright in his posts, he tells the person if they are interested they can pm him, again he is a paying advertiser. Of course all of this is just my opinion and if I had a business and was really interested in this forum, I think I would use a regular member login not put my business name on my login. If I found out what a great website and forum it was, then I would look into paying for advertising on it! As for the skirting, depending on really how cold it gets and how long it stays that way, I am with those who suggest just some thicker foil covered panels and either wedge it under the coach or use some sort of spikes to wedge it around the outside of the coach. Maybe even just a thick tarp to block the wind if you can figure out a way to attach it to keep the wind out.

thexpressionoops.gif
What about GrandviewTrailerSales? He not only has his name as his login, but also his Business Ad as his personal picture. So every time he posts, he also posts his advertisement. But then he IS a paid advertiser, so I guess that's okay.

thb75eca26.gif

TexasClodhopper

This has gotten pretty rediculous and none of us has any sayso anyway.

Isn't there ANYTHING else going on?

H2H1

So what if does show his business under his name. Look at how many times he has given free advise to those who had log a post/question on here. I have known Ken for a few years now and I have found him to be one of the best dealer if not the best I have ever known. I have and I will continue to buy from him. He is the RVers best friend. :laugh: :laugh:

SnowbirdInFlight

H2H1 - 12/22/2010 8:18 PM So what if does show his business under his name. Look at how many times he has given free advise to those who had log a post/question on here. I have known Ken for a few years now and I have found him to be one of the best dealer if not the best I have ever known. I have and I will continue to buy from him. He is the RVers best friend. :laugh: :laugh:

I don't care if it does or doesn't. I was just teasing Carol for her little fo-paw.
thsorry.gif

cwishert

Snowbird, I was talking about R V Skirting, who is not a paying advertiser. If he would have chosen a screen name similar to yours and was just giving advice on RV skirting that would be one thing. Since he blatently promoted his business in the post that is another thing all together. Yes Ken's Business is displayed in his post but he is a paying advertiser. But I don't mind if you give me a hard time about my post! I wasn't poking at anyone except the person who was advertising for FREE! Tex is right again, let's talk about something better!!!!!! :laugh: :cool:

cwishert

Len, I just "got" your post and I am finding it very hysterical!!! I am a little slow sometimes. And now down from my soap box, I seem to be getting up on it quite a bit lately. By the way Curt did give a lot of good advice in his post but just a little bit too much information about his business in my opinion (which of course is only worth half of what it was before inflation)!!!! :eek: :laugh: :clown:

RvSkirting

Thank you for your input, positive or other. I was an advertiser on this site, after looking to show some people on the forum a link to my ad I have noticed my ad has expired... for this I say thank you. To keep peace in the web world I will no longer advertise on any post. We are putting together a site just for people putting things around the RV they own (I won't use the S******* word) to keep warm, after seeing this thread I also wont advertise on the website and just leave it as a help guide. Sorry to upset anyone :cool: Also my only logins or usernames I use would be the same as on here, it keeps life simple lfor passwords and things. I do this on my sandrail posts and php network as well as others. Happy Holiday to everyone everywhere! :laugh: