Slide won't retract

ARFFMAN

I have a 1995 Newmar Kountry Aire. While checking the slide operation, it extends fine but stops after about 6 inches of retraction. All obstructions are clear. Is there anything that needs to be unlocked, before you retract it? To extend it you have to unlock the bar behind the drivers seat. The battery that I'm using is a starter battery, new and fully charged. I'll be installing 2-6volt for the house bank soon. Will deep cells make a different on the slide operation? Thanks for all the help.

LEN

Look at the rollers on the slide, also is the slide remaining square, does the slide have more than one drive areas(could be a sheared pin). My rear slide when loaded(it is a wardrobe and 6 drawers) always come in EZ but on the way out gets slow.

LEN

ARFFMAN

I checked voltage on Battery and had 12.4 charged to 12.9 and slide works fine, Noticed when slide retracted in, I found orange plastic on floor of the motorhome. Not sure were it came from, looks like it came from somthing cylindrical does this sound familiar to anyone?

ARFFMAN

The rollers aren't orange plastic are they? I found broken orange plastic on floor one I got it to retract.

big bilko

Hi ARFFMAN, The orange plastic may have been a toy caught under the slide previously.Make sure that you do not have too much weight in the slide out compartments as this will cause a problem.With my slideout I always gently push with the motor operating to take some pressure off the motor.Always make sure you are level. Regards BIG BILKO.:triumphant:

LEN

There are usually access ports above the rollers for adjustment. You may be able also see the rollers with a flashlight under the slide inside or from the outside when the slide is out by pulling back the seals. Glad it comes in and out now.

LEN

ARFFMAN

The slide room drops about 1 inch when it about to reach full extention, is this normal or do I need to adjust rollers?

ninjabunny

ARFFMAN, I have no conseption on these things, but I do notice that my slideout rooms also drop when they are extended. I own a 2010 Dynasty. I have really not thought of looking at a problem like this. I use the options in my Motorhome the best I know how. I know that I am not really helping you on your blog question. I thought that I could tell you the way my Motorhome slideouts react.

H2H1

ARFFMAN, on my Southwind all 3 slides drop down some to level them up to the other floor. That is norn for most slide outs. I would not worry about it.

ARFFMAN

I'm think it's normal. It seems to be smoother each time. It's hard to wake up after 5 years of being parked and being in a coma. Thank for the comments!