Slides

Old Forum Post

[Judy] Is the bedroom slide a "must have" feature on a class A motor home? We are soon to be fulltimers for a year or so and then use it for extended vacations. Thanks, Judy

Old Forum Post

Slides

[Phil] Folks have survived for years without a bedroom slide, but if you can afford a unit w/two slides, go for it. Have fun.

Old Forum Post

Slides

[Kirk] I would support what Phil says with reservations. First is the budget. Like any option, the do add to the price so budget is probably first concern. Second, is the weight consideration. If you are going fulltime, you will be adding a lot of weight for you posessions. And slides to increase the weight of the motorhome and lower the available cargo capacity. So, once those two hurdles are dealt with, get one if you want it. We are fulltimers with no slide at all, and we live quite well that way. But choose what you want, and not what we want. We met a couple who were fulltiming in a pop-up, which I don&#039t believe most of us could do. But the point is, do what works for you.

Good travelin! .........Kirk
www.1tree.net/adventure/

Old Forum Post

Slides

[mark c] slides add alot to the motor home and if you can work it out get them both
and when you go to sell they add alot to your trade
and anyone that says no isnt telling it right

but get what you can afford

enjoy it...

Old Forum Post

Slides

[Darlene] JUDY WE HAVE HAD BOTH, I DON&#039T KNOW THAT ITS WORTH THE MONEY YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR THE BEDROOM SLIDE,WE NOW HAVE A COUNTRY COACH WITHOUT A BEDROOM SLIDE AND HAVE PLENTY OF ROOM. WHICH EVER WAY YOU GO BE SAFE AND HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME.

Old Forum Post

Slides

[Jim M] Judy: We have a Winnebago 36 with both slides and like it a lot. An advantage the bedroom slides give you that no one mentioned is that you can have the same amount of room as a 40 footer, with out the extra 4 or so feet. This means that your 36 footer will be just as roomy as the 40, but more maneuverable and thus easier to handle in tight places and, by the way, you can go to more parks with a 36 than you can a 40. Of course the same arguement holds for smaller coaches as well. All this said, I agree with everyone regarding the down sides of the extra slide. Another down side not mentioned, is that you now have two slides to cause trouble or leaks instead of one!

Happy trails
Jim