So Called "Brake Buddy"

genel

Any advice or internet direction on so called (I hope I'm using the right nomenclature)"brake buddy" for a tow vehicle. I'm looking at a Class A to tow the lightest Honda CRV (slightly over 3000 lbs).

Gary B

So Called "Brake Buddy"

Hi genel, I have a Brake Buddy have towed for 3+ years & 20000 miles, works great never a problem, is very easy and simple to install & use. The company is great to deal with, brake buddies are easy to move to another vehicle, have good resale value, there are any number of them offered on E-Bay. If you have any other questions feel free to e-mail me. :)

BarneyS

So Called "Brake Buddy"

Hi Genel,
My son uses a brake buddy to tow his 2001 Honda CR-V. He loves it. It hooks up very easily, and works well. He has the remote sensor (I think that is what it is called) in his MH to see how everything is doing.

Starship

So Called "Brake Buddy"

Have had the brake buddy for over a year. Tow Jeep GC and everything works just like everyone says....easy to hook and unhook, don't even know the toad is back there. Do get the breakaway switch and the alert system (a light lets you know the brakes are on the toad).
Did some research before buying and nothing but good things said about the manf. Another site had lengthy thread about someone who's brake buddy locked up on the toad (he did't have alert system) and ruined his brakes. Manf took care of damages and he was still singing their praises.
E-bay occassionaly has them but to be honest (at least the ones I've followed on e-bay) they end up selling for almost the cost of a new one (then you also have freight) so be careful when bidding and not get hung up in the numbers war.

Good Luck

Randy972

So Called "Brake Buddy"

I have owned my BB for 3 months and 3000 miles. Would not leave home w/o it! Investigated several of the braking systems on the market. BB had too many happy owners to ignore. Simple to install and installation is not invasive to your m/h or tow vehicle. The new type of BB is operated by air pressure and does return the pedal on the dinghy.

Kirk

So Called "Brake Buddy"

We have used the BB now for about 7 years and would buy the same device again. We have had outstanding support from Master Concepts, the parent company. They still support our unit even though the warranty has long ago run out. I know of no company that has any better support and few that are as good.