Soft Kitchen Floor

wert

I found a 2000 Hurricanne 32' with 8300 miles on it, the problem is there's an area 2'~3' by the kitchen floor that is soft or spongy! The owner said the dealer will replace the damage, so I talked to a dealer and he said they will not repair it! I would like to know if the tile was removed and put an epoxy to seal this area or is it possible to replace the panel with new plywood. They want 40K for the coach with a 7 year or 7500 waranty. Any ideals would be helpful... Ric

Gary B

Soft Kitchen Floor

Hi Ric, I would check with several rv service centers and get a frim repair estamate before proceeding, if the dealer says they won't repair it ask why, most anything is repairable but at what cost. Good luck GB

Edited by - Gary B on Aug 04 2002 1:09:57 PM

wert

Soft Kitchen Floor

Gary, Thank's for the quick reply, I did more research on it this afternoon. First, the generator is right below where the weak spot is and that area under there is sealed very good, no water could get through the panel. Second, the owner did say they had a cooler in that area at one time. So I'm thinking the warranty would be voided, what a shame, it's such a pretty coach. I'm going to try and lower the price 3K! But where could I get the floor plan's on this coach to repair it my self? (2000 Thor Hurricanne 32') Ric

Gary B

Soft Kitchen Floor

HI Ric, guess I'd try the factory, most of the time they are very cooperative when it comes to things like that, more then likely Thor used OSB and not plywood, thats why it has gotten soft. You'll problay be able to cut out the soft area and replace it with a new pice of plywood and recover it with floor covering. Good luck and keep us posted. GB