SOLAR PANEL BLUES

spiderman

One and All -

In less than 267 days as I write this I’ll be retiring and we’ll be moving into our motorhome full time. As soon after that as possible we intend to get a set of solar panels, an invertor and extra batteries so we can spend the majority of our time boondocking. For the last several years I’ve been haunting various RV parts suppliers and dealerships, surfing the ‘Net and otherwise collecting all the background information that I could find to decide on how big, how many, etc.

(And virtually every seller is warning me not to go to the competition or I’ll get raped, robbed and murdered, my hair and teeth will fall out and my kids will disown me. Hmmmm. It might just be worth it!)

The problem is that I still don’t know who’s going to install them. So:

Who did you have install your solar panels?

Would you ever go back for another installation?

Who should I avoid?

Considering expertise, cost, quality of workmanship, product quality and after-market support, who would you say is the best person or company for us to go to for the installation?

I NEED SPECIFIC CONTACT INFORMATION LIKE NAMES, ADDRESSES, PHONE NUMBERS AND INTERNET ADDRESSES (IF AVAILABLE).

Obviously I’m asking for opinions and commercial recommendations and some of you may have a problem with broadcasting those at large, or such may be outright prohibited on this forum. If so, feel free to contact me directly at my E-mail address: schultz@ucalgary.ca.

Note that these are not necessarily limited to Canadian vendors nor even to western North America. Given the proper inducements we’re just as likely to go to Florida for the job. After all, we got wheels now, Baby!

Any advice you have to offer will be much appreciated.

spiderman

SOLAR PANEL BLUES

Larry and All -

Thanks for all the tips, both public and private!

(Had some trouble sending this first time around. Sorry if it got sent twice.)