something between the wheels

tonight we were out at the rv lot putting some gear inside our new rig... next to us a new 5th wheel was parked and we noticed that they had some kind of metal device between the two wheels to hold them in place... something like this O><O but not as much space between the wheels as this illistration and gripping the actual tires... it looked a whole lot more effective than the wheel chocks we have, so i was wondering what they were called and where i might find them... thanks!


Senior Member
something between the wheels

Camping World has them on sale at the moment. Make sure you get one(s) with the proper spacing for your axels and tires. I think they are slightly better than the dual chocks between the wheels (I use those on one side and usually they start out tight and are loose by the time I go to leave), and are great to use when you have the wheels up on blocks to level the trailer. I believe the one I have is called 'Chock and Lock'. There are holes so you can lock it in place, thus the 'lock' part of the name :)

Note that there are 2 styles available. One is lever action, and in my opinion, easier to use. The other is opened by ratcheting a screw, which may or may not be more effective, but would seem to be much more difficult to use.
something between the wheels

Many people including myself favor the Roto-Chok. Somewhat pricey (about $60 each and 2 work best) but they work great. Check them out at they can only be bought I believe direct from the company and they are great to work with.