Special license, and medial tests by 2006???

woodskitten

:disapprove: We were told, by a man from Canada that owns an RV park, that by the year 2006 people will have to have a CDL, or equivelent, license, and will have pass a physical in order to drive a motorhome and 5th wheels. The man said that travel trailers were exempt. He said that, both Canada, and the USA, have passed the law that will take effect in 2006. Have any of you heard anything like this? Thanks for your input.

Gary B

Hi woodskitten, welcome to the forum, haven't heard of anything like that, tend to think its an story. Some states and I'm sure more are to follow require a non commercial CDL type license for rv's over 26000 lbs and that have air brakes, Texas & Calif. come to mind right now. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :approve:

Gary B

Hi roadhouse, you maybe right as far as Calif. but the big trip is going over 26000 lbs. this is a Fed. regulation. My Mn. license says I'm good up to 26000 lbs. I have to admit I'm to lazy to really reseach this as it not an issuse in MN. yet, and like most things if it does become will most likely be howelling. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :approve:

lhollatz

Gary B

I checked the CA DMV site and the 26,000 pounds refers to commercial freight or passenger vehicles. It states that you need a non-commercial clas b license for "motorhouses over 40 feet but no more than 45 feet". Weight or air brakes are not an issue for non-commercial vehicles. I have too much time on my hands

Motor on