spelling

SnowbirdInFlight

Re: spelling

The only thing that really, really bothers me (more than mis-spelled words) is the mis-use of the word loose!

Loose = free from anything that binds or restrains: The dress was very loose fitting.

However, people insist on using it in this type of sentence: I was so mad and I was loosing my tempter.

Drives me nuts, lol.

Of course it should be: I was so mad and I was losing my tempter.

Lose = to fail to keep, preserve, or maintain

Big difference in meaning but so mis-used.

H2H1

I enjoy misspelling words, it keep other on their toes.But it's not good for my vocabulary either. And Len I also have spell checker also. But most of all, my better half is perfect speller, when she was working she was the secretary of the president of the bank so her vocabulary is really sharp. when I am writing a formal letter she will all ways proof read it, just to make sure it is word perfect and correct. I promise from this day forward I will do my ever loving best to spell every word correctly. :laugh: :clown: yeah right :laugh:

LEN

The built in spell checker I was alluding to is the wife. She does a lot of final looks at papers for people in the education world which I think says a little. Then she has me basicly an engineer who can't spell his own name if he can remember it.

LEN

C Nash

Rod, Hollis and myself are in a heap of trouble now :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil: Though I was through with getting graded when I retired :eek: ;) ;) ;) :bleh: :cool: :blackeye: :clown: :dead: :sleepy: