SQUIRRELS!!!!

onthecoach

I've been parked in the same place for over a year now....last night I heard funny noises above my bed. I think I may have some squirrels living on the bedroom slide-out under the slide-out cover.

I tried to get up there to take a look....but I can't see. I'm going to get the big ladder out on Saturday. Here's the question: If there are Squirrels up there....what do I do????

Can I just shove them out w/a broom???? :question:

Any ideas are welcome!!!

Thanks!

brodavid

Re: SQUIRRELS!!!!

How long are you going to stay parked? if for a long time more they will come back unles you do something to disturb them away for good. the broom idea is possible,

GOD BLESS OUR FIREFIGHTERS

utmtman

A broom would work fine, so would a garden hose to wash them and any droppings or nest out as well.

H2H1

Well I hate to say this , as it may offend some, but here goes, I would get me a BB or pellet gun and shoot them. Sometime it takes a dramatic way to rid those things. I like to never got rid of them in my rental house attic. I did find where they was coming in and seal it up, but once again they found away to get in.. solution I shot them with a BB gun, I did not kill them but they never came back,,,,also do as Lee stated wash it down

onthecoach

If I had a BB gun, I might consider....however, I don't want to shot holes into the coach!!! I'll let you all know how it goes....I'm climbing up the ladder tomorrow with a broom and the HOSE (EXCELLENT idea, BTW!!)
Thanks all!!!

rjf7g

I would get rid of them with a water hose and then shake a think layer of Cayenne pepper on the area. That keeps the ground hogs away from my deck at home.

RNontheroad

I had squirrels destroy some wiring behind my fridge. They got in through the fridge compartment vent and set up a nest. Had to set chicken wire across the vent opening to keep them from coming back.

onthecoach

GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE!!! After a thorough eye-level inspection of all slides, the roof and underbelly of the coach, I am pleased as punch to report that the only critters making their home on/in my coach are Lady (my German Shepherd Dog) and me!!! :laugh: Thank you all for the great advice! I am going to put a screen on the fridge vent...just as a precaution. Also, I have tossed a bunch of moth balls on the slideouts...between the top and the slide cover. That should help! Again, many thanks for your ideas and support!

H2H1

Good deal Lynn, glad it wasn't any OTHER critters make home in your rv. BTW we will coming thru Sioux Falls SD in route to Rapid City SD this May, if you are still there will look you up if that OK

onthecoach

I am currently living in Frederick, MD while DH is working in Abu Dhabi, UAE. He has been there 17months so far, and will probably be there through 2010. :( I am living and working here, because my family is here. If any one of you comes through Frederick, Please let me know!!

idahofulltimer

Squirrels are a pain in the ***. We thought they were cute when we first moved into the campground we've been staying at. They are tame enough to eat peanuts out of your hand. However, they also ate the wiring harness under the hood of three of my vehicles. So far the damage has cost over $500 to get two of them fixed. The third vehicle hasn't gone in yet. So far the cayenne pepper thing has worked the keep them out since. I misted everything under the hood with water (to make it stick) and sprinkled pepper all over. I re-do it every couple months, so far so good.