!st trip

camden2crockett

I finally got a chance to take my 5th wheel out. I tooka trip from Houston to Prairie view for our homecoming. The 97 f-250 pulled the trailer good although my gas mileage was prett bad. The 460 drinks when I'm not pulling and the extra weight didn't help. I still enjoyed the trailer and the fun I had. I told you last time my Wife was upset about my purchase, but since she decided to look inside I can see the possibilities of a happy husband.
I had one problem. The heater worked for about 5 hours and wouldn't restart. I reset the unit but would only blow cold air. Thanks for any suggestions you can give.
1996 carri-lite 36ft

s.harrington

Re: !st trip

It really depends on which furnace you have. Though electrically they operate similarly, there are some problems that some are more prone to have than others. The NT series Suburbans have more trouble with the electrodes and the Atwood/Hydroflames have more problems with the limit switches. And I have had to replace more valves in the SF series Suburbans. But of course the most common problem to all is the circuit board. Also check for dirty or corroded connections.