Stabilizers or Leveling Jacks Class B+

JW07

Recently purchased a 2006 Class B+25ft R-Vision with dual slides. Waiting for weather to
improve for first trip. Have noticed that when slides are extended, there is slight
amount of side to side rocking motion. My last MH was an "A" with leveling jacks!
In several of the RV forums haven't noticed any comments regarding stability issues!
From those Class C owners, any suggestions or comments regarding benefits of
leveling jacks or stabilizers!

Thanks,
JW07
2006 R-Vision 252ds
:cool:

mda

Re: Stabilizers or Leveling Jacks Class B+

Most C's do not have leveling jacks because of the limited frame height and cost. That being said, there are companies that have developed jacks for Class C's. Check out Camping World. They offer a set of leveling jacks that will work on most Class C's. The jacks are either "short" or the fold up variety. They are expensive when you get done with everything including the controls. I mounted a set of BAL leveling jacks on the rear frame of my 30 ft. Class C at the extension point on the frame. Make sure they are the original truck frame, not the extension. It helps with the side to side motion. I have also seen them mounted on the front of some units. Try one set on the back. They are considerably less expensive.

akjimny

After reading the initial post I went and googled RV leveling systems. Bring money!!! Most started out around 3 grand. However, JC Whitney does have a manual stabilizer bar/jack especially made for slide outs for $80. That might be all you need. JMO :)

C Nash

I would be careful with adding stabilizers under a slide. Most are not made to have supports under them. JMO

JW07

Thank each of you for your input regarding stablizers or jacks on a Class B +! After further investigation I have to agree
that leveling jacks are too expensive wherein ball jack stabilizers would do the job at a fraction of the cost.

Thanks again for the input!

JW07 :cool: