stacking block

H2H1

question: do you have to raise both tires when you level up the rear end of the MH. I have seen where only one tire is upblocks, could this create a problem? I am going to get a set of blocks, and would like to know how many should I get. any suggestion

TexasClodhopper

Re: stacking block

I always level mine evenly left-to-right and front-to-back.

I've always been able to keep the rear tires on the ground and used the blocks (set of 10) to raise the front.

When we went to Branson, I had to move to another spot, because I couldn't find a level space anywhere on the place they put me.

C Nash

Hollis, I know you know this but, just a reminder that when you jack both rear wheels off ground you lose emergency brake and park. Course if you run up on the blocks your ok or hold with front brakes.

H2H1

hey Nash maybe I wasn't correct when asking the question. so let me do it again. when you put down the block do you need to put blocks under both tires or just one. I have seem blocks under one tire and not the inside tire. Also I would never raise the rear wheels off the ground, I would look for another site first. as always thanks for everyone's input. good to see DL back on line.

Kirk

If you mean with dual wheels, to put blocks under one tire only of the pair of duals causes all of the weight of that side of your RV to be resting on only one tire. Notice the weight rating of the tire. To block under only one tire of your duals is guaranteed to over load the tire. Just how bad it is for the tire will depend upon the length of time it is so abused and also things like weather play a part. Quite simply, doing this would invite a tire to blow out at some time in the future. It won't likely show that damage right away, but one day you will find yourself complaining about how your tires seem to blow out much sooner that for other people and wonder why.

The short answer, never put all of the weight for a pair of dual wheels all on one tire!

H2H1

ThanksKirk, that was the answer I was looking for. I would never just put one block under just one tire of the duals

C Nash

Never under just one tire. Hollis, sometimes, well most of the time, my brain dont see whats written :laugh:

H2H1

THANKS Nash, if your read Kirk trailing post that was what I was looking for to confirm my thoughts. I have seem some with just one block under one wheel and knew that was wrong. anyway thanks again Hollis

WeekendRver

Great question, Not much I have not seen in a park.

I usually see it where both tires (on a dually) are off the ground. Also if you are in Class A you need to be careful to not make the jacks lift the tires off the ground. You can use leveling blocks to help lift the tires up so the brakes are still engaged and won't roll.

Safe Travels!