State and Corp of Engineer Parks in TN

Jay7

We will be traveling in Tennessee in the fall and would like to know what State and Corp of Engineers parks would be recommended. We like outdoors and lots of natural beauty in the campground, but space enough to trailer a 28' fifth wheel.

Any response would be appreciated.

Jay

retlveit

Hi Jay

My wife and I stumbled across Cumberland state park in Tennessee last year. I can't recommend it enough! Its easily one of the most beautiful places I've seen. The CCC's built an arched dam/bridge across a small stream in the 30's, creating a 10 acre lake or "pond". This is proteced by trees and is usually very still, thus reflecting the dam/bridge like a mirror.

On the other side of the dam is a state run cafeteria, chicken and bread pudding are their staples but they always have other entrees. I think we spent 7 or 8 bucks for dinner apiece. I figured as the food was so good, the service was so good, the view was so good, I'd leave a healthy tip, nada; wouldn't take it. State employees!

Believe me; if I'm anywhere remotely close to that park I will most definetly stop; for a week next time!

retlveit

Hi Jay

My wife and I stumbled across Cumberland state park in Tennessee last year. I can't recommend it enough! Its easily one of the most beautiful places I've seen. The CCC's built an arched dam/bridge across a small stream in the 30's, creating a 10 acre lake or "pond". This is proteced by trees and is usually very still, thus reflecting the dam/bridge like a mirror.

On the other side of the dam is a state run cafeteria, chicken and bread pudding are their staples but they always have other entrees. I think we spent 7 or 8 bucks for dinner apiece. I figured as the food was so good, the service was so good, the view was so good, I'd leave a healthy tip, nada; wouldn't take it. State employees!

Believe me; if I'm anywhere remotely close to that park I will most definetly stop; for a week next time!